Grading the Acquisitions | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grading the Acquisitions

WoW ! That must`ve taken you at least an hour...
Good job...I`ll give my opinion:

- I think it`s rather early to judge veterans like T Buck and Sammy Knight...Granted they`ve been ordinary but these are the guys that strap it on come the season...They know when it`s time to Rock and Roll..

- Zgonina an A ? He certainly goes under the radar and is very solid...but to call it a genius acquisition? RW, Bledsoe are genius acquisitions for the value...Jeff Zgonina ? Underrated certainly but the man hasnt even cracked the lineup yet :rolleyes:

- DT has looked very good without the pads and in practice but so far in the 3 preseason games (whom the grade is based on) he hasnt done much...In my opinion the guy`s been outplayed by Tolver who has looked impressive even in limited duty...He gets a C+

-Hard to give a grade to Moore...and it certainly shouldn`t be based on his draft position...The C should be attributed to the Phins for not moving up...but him? the poor guy did his best...

I hope Nails returns to the form he had last year. It's not only his blocking skills which were very good and aggressive, but we also need his presence in the huddle. He was agressive and fired up and that's what our offensive line and receivers need is to play with emotion. I think with him in the game we wouldn't have collapsed against NE. Ricky Williams said that Nails was very firey on the field and in the huddle. We basically have the same team as last year starting so It's vital that Nails is a big part of it.

CK, Great info, What kind of grade would you give our coaching staff for getting the team ready for the season?

Originally posted by Puncho
CK, Great info, What kind of grade would you give our coaching staff for getting the team ready for the season?

Puncho, I'd give a C-. While the injury to Moore couldn't be predecteid (or could it, the knock on him was injury prone), We all said Eddie who when we didn't take a WR or OL and that will definately hurt us during the season.

I like the light practices to keep the team fresh for the stretch. I'd have liked to bring in a QB coach when Shula left. I think Norv has been spending time with Griese but Fiedler will suffer without attn.

I like the attention given to special teams, but if Royals makes the team I'll drop the grade to a D+. He seldom pins teams back which is why he's preferred but I prefer someone who booms kicks and averages 40-45 yards a punt.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Thats good, because up til now Buffalo wasn't lookin so good. Who got the sacks on Warner?

You have a fair point, we had a good run defense and Junior will probably be the most effective in disrupting the run. I'm still not sure he will be used the way he needs to be in order to disrupt the pass as much as he could.

But defense isnt about isolation. I mean to say we don't know for sure how helping the run with Seau will affect the rest of the D including the pass D. If teams have to abandon the run because Seau is shutting it down too much, that puts them into predictable pass situations, and our D is at its best on obvious passing downs.

Hey ck, Schobel had 2, winfield had 1, Spikes had half a one, and I think Marcus Jones had one too

Thanks Ck for the work, I'm like you about our OL recruits, Out side of Wade Smith, not much there, I know you didn't include FA rookies, but I would have to add Yates, just because he's distinguish himself. I hope we don't keep whitney over him, Whitney should go to the PS. Yates gets a C+ from me, because he is an undrafted rookie who has held his own.

I completely agree about Seau, I'm glad outsiders saw the Tampa game and will take him lightly. But the guy will competely disrupt O's this year and with the speed we have on D, he will push them into one of our guys.

Guys you seem to be missing the point that Parrot has been trying to make. In the last games his onfield performance has been great and the atlanta game proves to us that Junior Seau ain't a bit slow down and old. He had around 5 tackles for the night and could have ended up with 10 at least if it were a 4th quarter game. He was sent in a blitz and managed to executed well, he never got to the passer but the whole point of blitzing is to pressure the qb into tying in its own knot. Seau Brings what no other player brings from all the players we have got, intensity. Seau was lighting up pro player stadium by himself and I am proud of him coming to miami to prove that he still has it.

Marco Battalia, I can agree with you parrot but he's our third Tight end , you can't expect too much you know.

Sammy Knight- Don't judge on this one until week 5 of the season. Knight has a good nose for the ball and things were done way differently when he was in new orleans. Expect him to be one of our top 3 tacklers.

Everytime Seau motioned to the crowd, the crowd started getting loud. That itself is on average more impact R-Rodg ever made.

I think that what CK enjoys the most about the Dolphins this year is.................reading his own posts.

And contradicting those who disagree with him.

The opinions on the posts are fine except that certain players just don't light it up in the PS.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
Everytime Seau motioned to the crowd, the crowd started getting loud. That itself is on average more impact R-Rodg ever made.

I think you're mistaking that gesture..he was actually calling for the waterboy:lol:

Originally posted by Pink_Dove

- Zgonina an A ? He certainly goes under the radar and is very solid...but to call it a genius acquisition? RW, Bledsoe are genius acquisitions for the value...Jeff Zgonina ? Underrated certainly but the man hasnt even cracked the lineup yet :rolleyes:

In our rotation he will be getting nearly as many snaps as Bowens/Chester. Consider them all starters as Zgonina is backing both of them up. What he should do is provide that inner push for us on passing downs and not having to throw both Williams and Burnett in there. Not to mention with Burnett down right now the move looks good.

We've basically got 3 starters at DT. Just when I think this defensive line can't get any stronger we just some how do it. Ogunleye, Zgonina and the multiple replacements we have had opposite J.T. getting sacks.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

In our rotation he will be getting nearly as many snaps as Bowens/Chester. Consider them all starters as Zgonina is backing both of them up. What he should do is provide that inner push for us on passing downs and not having to throw both Williams and Burnett in there. Not to mention with Burnett down right now the move looks good.

We've basically got 3 starters at DT. Just when I think this defensive line can't get any stronger we just some how do it. Ogunleye, Zgonina and the multiple replacements we have had opposite J.T. getting sacks.

neocron sucks :(

While I really enjoyed this thread and appreciate the time obviously invested in it, my favorite post was:

Originally posted by luvmeister
I think that what CK enjoys the most about the Dolphins this year is.................reading his own posts.

Possibly my favorite post of all time (except my own, of course).

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Maggot Brain
While I really enjoyed this thread and appreciate the time obviously invested in it, my favorite post was:

Originally posted by luvmeister

Possibly my favorite post of all time (except my own, of course).

Say what you will, but imo, his post was well researched and stated. I enjoyed it.

I also thought it was a great post. Since Parrot was one of the guys that regularly attended TC this season, I take his opinion seriously. Interesting grade on Sammy Knight, Parrot. I was never a fan of his coming into preseason, but I think nonetheless, were going to have to take a "wait and see" approach with him. His productivity should go up once we start playing ofr real and begin scheming and hiding our coverages.

great job!

Back
Top Bottom