Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Its too early to tell.

Votes: 14 21.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mike13

I am a golden god
Reaction score
On a scale of 1 - 5 how good has Our offseason gone so far? IMO Its a 4 we still have holes but Saban has done a good job so far with the coaching staff, picking up good players through FA, and the draft.

This has been the best offseason we've had that I could ever remember. I've been happy with almost every (if not every) move that this organization has made thus far. And the most amazing thing is, it could still get better with even more pickups! The biggest one that I have on my mind right now would have to be Keith Traylor. I'm really hoping we sign him since DT is a major concern for us right now.

It's usually pretty tough to get the BEST rating out of me...but I've been absolutely blown away this offseason. I vote for giving this offseason a 5!!! :cooldude:

I compared it to our other offseasons we've had in the recent years and it was no doubt in my mind that this year deserved a five. Miami has never taken a bigger step in the right direction like they have this year.

We have all the weapons and tools now on offense to be at least in the top 15..We also have the best coaches to complement and groom those players on offense....

On defense, Saban will do his thing but I'm little concerned about run stopping, and cornerbacks....I believe Bell and T Jones will be fine at safety.... 4 out 5
clear.gif

The moment we got Saban as our head coach it was a 5.

4.5.......even though no one had control over it..I took .5 points off for Poole's injury. :wink:

The person who put "1" must be some immature Bills/Jets/Pats fan:rolleyes:

Wannstedt being gone is worth at least a 3 by itself. Add another point for adding Saban and 1 more point for him not allowing Spielman any power. That makes it a 5 I guess.

yup it's 2 early 2 tell rookies get hurt, injurys dont really care what youre potential levels are didnt moore lb. green wr. & tolver all get smooshed pre-seasons of there rookie yrs. ? But the aquisition of LIL' NICKY makes me happy!!!

Ways of grading it

I have to grade the offseason as a "1". I'm grading it in terms of effort and potential improvement. Having a crystal ball, such as foreseeing Poole's injury is not possible, so I don't count it as having a bad influence. All in all it looks like we're loaded in receivers, loaded in running backs and we picked up a good crop of undrafted signings. The move to the 3-4 seems to have been the biggest stroke of foresight since we're going to be thin in the middle of the line. I'm hoping someone can inspire some discipline in Feeley and his ability to get it downfield along with a potentially great running game will mask our questionable O-line until it has a chance to gel, which I believe it will with Houck. I'm impressed with Saban's no nonsense approach, as impressed as I have been with anyone since Shula. Will we make the playoffs? That's a stretch, but not out of reach. Of course, it could all be smoke and mirrors and Saban turns out to be the lastest of the college coaches not to make it in the NFL.

Phinfan31 said:
The moment we got Saban as our head coach it was a 5.
That is exactly why I gave it a 5 also.:up:

byroan said:
4.5.......even though no one had control over it..I took .5 points off for Poole's injury. :wink:
That's not fair!!!!!!!!!:D

Oops...

OH, so it's 5 is the best, one is the worst? If that's the case, call my rating a 5.

painnotpleasure said:
This has been the best offseason we've had that I could ever remember. I've been happy with almost every (if not every) move that this organization has made thus far. And the most amazing thing is, it could still get better with even more pickups! The biggest one that I have on my mind right now would have to be Keith Traylor. I'm really hoping we sign him since DT is a major concern for us right now.

It's usually pretty tough to get the BEST rating out of me...but I've been absolutely blown away this offseason. I vote for giving this offseason a 5!!! :cooldude:

Looks good now, although it will be necessary to see the rubber hit the road. But like you said, the moves look great, especially when you look at the salary cap limiting Saban at first.

Back
Top Bottom