"Great 3 Horse Race in the AFC East" - Sean Salisbury | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Great 3 Horse Race in the AFC East" - Sean Salisbury

Justasportsfan said:
They couldn't stop Ralph Wilson if he was our rb. Show me some proof that your D has made the switch to Saban's system. I want proof not, opinion.

Your wr's are not better than ours. They haven't proven that in years.I also want proof that they made the switch to Linehan's system. :tongue:

How can anyone prove anything? We're fans...naturally, we think just about everything is better than our rivals'. Very few of us can be truly objective when emotions get involved?

We've potentially improved as much as anyone this year, if only because we have a new coach and system. Maybe Feeley had his one year last year...maybe our o-line will improve with real coaching.

Still, the point is, I don't see why a lot of non-Dolphins fans come onto a Dolphins site expecting all the Dolphins fans to say, "you know what, you're right, the Bills are better than the Dolphins." We're fans. It's not happening. It never will. Stop trying.

Hello, We Don't Have A Proven Qb Nor A Proven Running Game. Bills At Least Have The Running Back...

CirclingWagons said:
First off, kudos to the few realistic finfans who chimed in on this thread. Your realistic and objective point of view is invaluable on this site, for it is a RARE commodity here.

Why is everybody saying it's a 3-team race? hmmm...lemme think:

Pats 14-2
Jets 10-6
Bills 9-7

Dolphins 4-12

Team by team:
Patriots - lost both coordinators and a couple key players, but that means nothing until they actually start losing games(doubtful). They still have Brady and Belichick - enough said.

Jets - Defense is getting better and better with a fast and young LB corps, and an improved secondary(Law). Defense line should be beast again this year. Pennington might have issues, but they have a great RB and decent weapons. Besides QB, not too many question marks.

Bills - Addition by subtraction...getting rid of that bum(Bledsoe) who is primarily to blame for 6 of the Bills 7 losses last year. Like he's done his whole career, Bledsoe still showed a penchant for throwing the tragic interception/fumble at the most inopportune time. All Losman has to do is play the "Dilfer" role for us to be competitive. Our top 3 defense and #1 special teams will do the rest.

Dolphins - Are you guys seriously talking **** about our receiving corps? Skape, you're a cool finfan but you missed the mark on Moulds..he had over 1,000 yards and 9tds last year--that's having a good year in my book. In fact, Moulds and Evans combined for almost 2000 yards and 20 tds last year.--I'll take that any year from our receivers. Meanwhile, Chambers has yet to hit the 1000 yard mark in his career. I know what you're all going to say next..."look who are qb's were"...yeah, and we had Robosack and Bledsuck throwing to Moulds, yet he still performed. Fact is, Chambers is a lousy route-runner who shows 2 games of brilliance and 14 games of mediocrity a year. Booker is a good receiver who is under-utilized, and David Boston is an injury waiting to happen(juice does that). Your defense is another year older, and your best corner now plays in KC. Zach Thomas is a good, but aging linebacker who you'll be lucky to get 13 games out of next year. Seau is a liability, for he is slower than Sam Adams. Your Offensive line is just that...offensive. Even with Houck's guidance, the line is going to suck the first few games of the year until they gel(same thing happened with Buff last year). Your QB situation is "pick your poison." New coach, new system, wayyyyy too many question marks.

The Dolphins will be a competitve team...but in 2006

Robosack? :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's amazing, man.

The actual legitimate playoff teams in our division, currently, are the Pats and the Jets. This will hold true until the Phins or the Bills prove otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom