"Great 3 Horse Race in the AFC East" - Sean Salisbury | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Great 3 Horse Race in the AFC East" - Sean Salisbury

DolphinDevil28 said:
That's ESPN for ya.
I don't know, they have some good shows. I like PTI (when its the Jewish guys in, can't remember his name).

Justasportsfan said:
Are you gonna bet $100 w/ me that Drew bledsoe is gonna take the Cowboys to the sb because he is reunited w/ Parcells? They did make the sb together didn't they?

If you're taking Parcells & Bledsoe, then deal.
:D

Justasportsfan said:
It doesn't matter. He doesn't have Moss does he. Are you gonna bet $100 w/ me that Drew bledsoe is not gonna take the Cowboys to the sb because even though he is reunited w/ Parcells? They did make the sb together didn't they? How did testaverde do when he reunited w/ Parcells?

I wouldnt be on the SB, but I would bet on the Playoffs.. Bledsoe has more in him than Testaverde..

SkapePhin said:
I wouldnt be on the SB, but I would bet on the Playoffs.. Bledsoe has more in him than Testaverde..
But by your logic about a qb being familiar w/ his coach, why can't Drew take them to a sb in his first year back w/ Parcells? I too wouldn't be surprised if they made playoffs. The NFC is weak but I'll tell you one thing, it wouldn't be because of Drew. Parcells looks for his qb's to manage the O not win it for them. It will be because of Julius Jones and their D. When Drew attempts to win games on his own, he screwes up.

SkapePhin said:
So why are they mentioning the Bills in the playoff race but not the Phins?

Why does this upset anyone here. Most of the posters two months ago said we were going 8-8 or 7-9. So why get mad it a reporter says 6-10? Also most people thought we would not make the playoffs. Here comes the preseason hopes! I always try to believe they can make the playoffs and I believe anyone can win once they get there, but that home field advantage sure is sweet.

We can't be too toughy and loud coming off 4-12. A little walk is needed before we can talk, hopefully tonight changes the tune a bit.

Losman7 said:
What are you talking about skill positions??

I think part of the problem is that many of you overrate your players...Williams, Brown, Chambers, Boston, and McMichael look good on paper... but when you look deeper Chambers still has a lot to prove, Williams can't even play for 4 games, Brown is a rookie and he'll be behind since he can't even get his *** to camp, Boston... is he even practiceing full speed?

mcMichael is the only proven dominant player on your O.

Plus salibery like losman so I'm sure that added to his thinking...

Now on Defense, we have you covered. Our D is head and shoulders better, no ifs and or buts... The only player at any position that i would rate higher than any player on our D is Jason Taylor...

The only place these comments would be appreciated is on a Bills Web site, do they even have one?............:lol:

Hell, I like being the underdog anyway. We'll sneak up on unsuspecting teams this year and be the cinderella story of this year all the way to the super bowl. We'll be this years Panthers.

I dont care what ESPN says.. theres no way we are only a 1 win improved team

Justasportsfan said:
But by your logic about a qb being familiar w/ his coach, why can't Drew take them to a sb in his first year back w/ Parcells? I too wouldn't be surprised if they made playoffs. The NFC is weak but I'll tell you one thing, it wouldn't be because of Drew. Parcells looks for his qb's to manage the O not win it for them. It will be because of Julius Jones and their D. When Drew attempts to win games on his own, he screwes up.

When did I say Gus would go to the SB just because he knows the offense.. Im only saying that his stats should be similar due to the familiarity of the offense, and comparable skills positions (Excluding Moss).. Bledsoe will benefit from playing with Parcells again.. The SB is dependent upon too many factors though.. Your argument here is a non sequetur imo.

First off, kudos to the few realistic finfans who chimed in on this thread. Your realistic and objective point of view is invaluable on this site, for it is a RARE commodity here.

Why is everybody saying it's a 3-team race? hmmm...lemme think:

Pats 14-2
Jets 10-6
Bills 9-7

Dolphins 4-12

Team by team:
Patriots - lost both coordinators and a couple key players, but that means nothing until they actually start losing games(doubtful). They still have Brady and Belichick - enough said.

Jets - Defense is getting better and better with a fast and young LB corps, and an improved secondary(Law). Defense line should be beast again this year. Pennington might have issues, but they have a great RB and decent weapons. Besides QB, not too many question marks.

Bills - Addition by subtraction...getting rid of that bum(Bledsoe) who is primarily to blame for 6 of the Bills 7 losses last year. Like he's done his whole career, Bledsoe still showed a penchant for throwing the tragic interception/fumble at the most inopportune time. All Losman has to do is play the "Dilfer" role for us to be competitive. Our top 3 defense and #1 special teams will do the rest.

Dolphins - Are you guys seriously talking **** about our receiving corps? Skape, you're a cool finfan but you missed the mark on Moulds..he had over 1,000 yards and 9tds last year--that's having a good year in my book. In fact, Moulds and Evans combined for almost 2000 yards and 20 tds last year.--I'll take that any year from our receivers. Meanwhile, Chambers has yet to hit the 1000 yard mark in his career. I know what you're all going to say next..."look who our qb's were"...yeah, and we had Robosack and Bledsuck throwing to Moulds, yet he still performed. Fact is, Chambers is a lousy route-runner who shows 2 games of brilliance and 14 games of mediocrity a year. Booker is a good receiver who is under-utilized, and David Boston is an injury waiting to happen(juice does that). Your defense is another year older, and your best corner now plays in KC. Zach Thomas is a good, but aging linebacker who you'll be lucky to get 13 games out of next year. Seau is a liability, for he is slower than Sam Adams. Your Offensive line is just that...offensive. Even with Houck's guidance, the line is going to suck the first few games of the year until they gel(same thing happened with Buff last year). Your QB situation is "pick your poison." New coach, new system, wayyyyy too many question marks.

The Dolphins will be a competitve team...but in 2006

Of course it's a three-legged race! If you watched ESPN and knew all the facts like they do, you'd realize that your team will have the same record it had the year before.
</sarcasm>
How hard is it to predict the super bowl champions will repeat, the second-worst team will be bad, and and a playoff team (Jets) will go to the playoffs. These guys are by far the dumbest people to ever have a job in sports reporting, they go only by last year's standings and don't bring into consideration key factors such as:
*Miami acquiring a strong coaching staff in Saban, Linehan and Houck
*New England losing both coordinators and having no one replace Charlie Weis
*A quarterback that has thrown maybe ten passes leading the wildcard-seeking Bills
*Completely different offensive system in New York
*Age and familiarity of players in their systems
*Injuries
Just to name a few. Am I saying Miami's going to win the division? No, but at this point in the year you can't count anyone out. That's why we hear of all these 'dark horse' and underdog teams until deep into the playoffs. A year ago who expected to see San Diego in the playoffs... and Kansas City watching at home? No one! Divisions change every year.
Long story short, I hate ESPN.

My fellow Fin bros IT'S FREAKING ESPN!Even if we had another undefeated season we'll still get no respect.And that fine with me!

Back
Top Bottom