Great article about Marino hire | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great article about Marino hire

I agree. This is the best I have seen on it.

I think it is accurate, and reflects what we can exepct out of the situation

i just emailed Cote and told him "pretty good". but i also asked how we were going to get enough cash to get brunell and owens or anyone else for that matter. We need to get some salaries cut on defense.

I praised Cote in an e-mail also. However, I noted and it should be noted that the "football is football" point isn't that simple.

You need to look no further than Matt Millen. Here's a guy who was a successful football player... turned announcer ... turned football exec. It's not as easy as it seems to run even the football operations of a team.

Originally posted by Da 'Fins
You need to look no further than Matt Millen. Here's a guy who was a successful football player... turned announcer ... turned football exec. It's not as easy as it seems to run even the football operations of a team.

Matt Millen is the Lions CEO, Marino is VP. Huge difference between the two positions.

a little nicer and far less cynical than
This is like when the Magic hired Julius Erving and gave him the title of senior vice president. Dr. J's job responsibilities included such crucial duties as -- and I quote from the media guide -- "consulting on long- and short-term strategic planning; and serving as a goodwill diplomat."

Translation: Get paid lots of money to play lots of golf.
from Huizenga turns Marino into 'Dan the Sham' Commentary by Mike Bianchi Orlando Sentinel

I like the look of the body language between speilman and marino. It looks to me like the odd man out is Dave and he knows it. I like Dave but him having his hands on ANY personel moves would piss me off but fortunatly that doesnt seem to be the case.

Good, balanced article UNTIL he mentioned T.O., IMO.

Anyone who mentions T.O. in the context of how Miami's weaknesses might realistically and best be solved loses credibility with me. T.O. would be wrong for multiple reasons.

Jim Mandich had an interesting take today. He said that many are underestimating Wayne. He then gave his take on how he thought the conversation between Dan and Wayne went. In short he said (synopsis).....

"Dan, we're not expecting you contribute heavily this year. Just take it all in. Soak it up. Sit next to Eddie Jones. Watch alot of film. Learn as much as you can and get comfy. Keep us abreast of everything".

Matt Millen has made some good football moves i.e. coach, QB, he just needs to keep his mouth shut in front of reporters. I think Danny can do that.

does anybody think that Thomas Taylor Madison Marion Surtain or any fo those defensive players would take a paycut they are the one's that work the hardest to win a game. If the Offensive line gets better and they were told that Brunell and TO could come to miami if they take a pay cut would they do it. That is pretty close to a SB caliber team I believe they could see that.

I doubt it myself money rules everything. But you never know.

Back
Top Bottom