"Great Article on Dave" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Great Article on Dave"

"Find my ass another team?" Who are you to tell me that? You want to be optimistic as ever about the Dolphins, that's fine. But don't be telling me to go away and find another team because my opinions and concerns don't live up to your rosy standards.

Originally posted by relive1972

Wannstedt, Spielman, and Norv all identified LT as the biggest need for this team this season. They all said Dixon needed to return to LG, and told him he would, to get him to re-sign. They blew it on Gandy, and came away from the draft with a prospect they HOPE can compete for a back-up spot behind Dixon. And now with June 1 fast approacing, they've already announced their FA shopping is pretty much done. What's going to happen when Dixon gets banged up at the end of the season, like he usually does, and the OL can't stop a 3-man rush like last season?

They also identified WR as an area that needed improvement. So far, it looks like Chambers and McKnight again, the same 2 who couldn't get open in that last drive of the Pats' game. Thompson and Tolver may turn out to be good acquisitions, but will one of them be good enough to start beside Chambers? That's what we really needed, not yet another WR with potential. Norv's offense rarely uses more than a 2 WR set. We need proven veteran starters at WR. Boston would have been a good pick-up, but wasn't even considered. I don't know about you, but I've seen enough of McKnight's drops the last 2 years to know I can't count on him. If Thompson or Tolver can prove to be worthy of the other starting spot, then great, but let's see what they do with pads on first.

relive1972, I mostly agree with you here. OLT was considered our priority coming into the off-season. I do not think they addressed it as well as anyone would have liked. I will be quite surprised if they do not find a way to bring in some veteran OLT before the season begins because of our lack of depth there (combined with Dixon's injury history). I do not fault them for their actions, though...Gandy was way too expensive, they tried to move up in the draft to acquire a ready-to-step-in rookie, and they drafted a decent prospect. They did what they could given the market and the availability of OLTs.

I also agree with the need to upgrade our #2 WR. Boston was way too expensive, though. Thompson looks like a solid pick-up. I just thought they'd acquire a much better veteran so we'd be deeper and better. We have just replaced Gadsden with Thompson. So, we might be slightly better (jury is still out), and we're no deeper.

However, many of the other off-season moves have been solid--they've addressed needs and upgraded our talent. The only move I question is Seau's salary...he was well worth the draft pick, but it goes against our policy to pay that kind of money to a past-his-prime player. We'll have to see what that does to our salary cap situation in 3 years.

The huge need areas on this team have been addressed (counting on Griese signing as back-up QB), but a couple of them were not addressed as well as I would have liked. Overall, it has been a solid off-season for Wanny and the FO.

I agree on your lack-of-killer-instinct in the 2nd half of games. I think we get too conservative too quickly.

Also, I do care what Wanny is like off the field. I hated it when Jimmuh was our coach. There are plenty of jerks in professional sports, I'd prefer that they play for and coach other teams. If I'm going to root for a team or player, I'd like them not to be axe-murderers or absolute self-aggrandizing egomaniacs, if you know what I mean. But that's just me...

Yadi, Yadi..I bet you by the end of the season I will be right and you will be wrong? I bet that..

Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305
Find your ass another team than, you are so blind that it's not even funny..

Crazy ... in the future... please refrain from making a personal attack in this manner.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom