Great Choices at #16 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great Choices at #16

Boomer said:
Lawson must have question marks because you're getting him to play a totally new position.

Didn't Manny start out at OLB before switching to DE?

FinzCrazy said:
How much will McNeils back troubles impact his draft status???

I'm not sure. I think it will concern some teams a lot and others not so much. It hasn't bothered him for a long time and the Bucs are the team who seem most likely to pull the trigger.

Boomer said:
No worries Frank. The Williams situation is interesting. I researched quite deeply into his past for a piece for the VIP and found a young man who had matured some and for whom teammates and coaches were proud of because of the way he'd turned his attitude around. But getting lobbed out of the Bowl game, the very bad interviews in Indianapolis and the average workout, including something like a 33 inch vertical and 16 on the bench, really didn't stand out as the sort of workout you'd expect from a Super Blue Chipper
Boomer i can't believe you mentioned Jimmy Williams without using the "million dollar body....ten cent head" quote, i'm dissapointed :wink:

FinzCrazy said:
Didn't Manny start out at OLB before switching to DE?

He did, but the switch was midway through 2003, so it's not like he's going to step straight in. Sims and Ryans have far less question marks than him.

@@@@@ said:
Boomer i can't believe you mentioned Jimmy Williams without using the "million dollar body....ten cent head" quote, i'm dissapointed :wink:

I was saving it in case someone wanted to argue :D

Boomer said:
Let me point you in the direction of a player I like to call Jammal Brown. He is a RT and was the 13th pick of the 2005 draft. Did you not notice that we signed a career left tackle about 10 days ago? If Justice comes to Miami it's as a RT.
Thats just it Boomer...In my opinion I just don't think we'll pick Justice to play RT. And we won't pick him to play LT because we just signed a LT. Although I wouldn't mind if we did pick him.

phinfan_1 said:
Thats just it Boomer...In my opinion I just don't think we'll pick Justice to play RT. And we won't pick him to play LT because we just signed a LT. Although I wouldn't mind if we did pick him.

You said that no-one would use a high pick on a RT, and yet just a year ago, the Saints did and Brown had a very solid year. Your argument holds no water. Miami wants to protect it's franchise passer and open holes for it's franchise tailback. Justice makes huge sense. He won't be signed to man the left side.

what about chad jackson? (if he is still available) i think he would be the best choice.

Boomer said:
You said that no-one would use a high pick on a RT, and yet just a year ago, the Saints did and Brown had a very solid year. Your argument holds no water. Miami wants to protect it's franchise passer and open holes for it's franchise tailback. Justice makes huge sense. He won't be signed to man the left side.
I wasn't argumenting w/you Boomer. Sorry if you felt like I was.
And yeah no one but the Saints.

Back
Top Bottom