Great Elijah Higgins Interview With Terrell Owens | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great Elijah Higgins Interview With Terrell Owens

I sure hope he sticks. He's a very intriguing player and will be interesting to see what comes of him. Seems to have a ll kinds of potential, but that's easy to say this time of year with a lot of the new guys. Something about him already seems like there is a good chance for him...seems McD saw something pretty specific about him that he could use.

I sure hope he sticks. He's a very intriguing player and will be interesting to see what comes of him. Seems to have a ll kinds of potential, but that's easy to say this time of year with a lot of the new guys. Something about him already seems like there is a good chance for him...seems McD saw something pretty specific about him that he could use.
Yeah - without watching this interview - most of us think - "well, he's late round flyer, he doesn't matter, he's just a camp body for us, he has no shot of making the 53"...

…but after listening to the guy speak, you can tell he's smart, he wants it, he'll put on another 10lbs if necessary…basically, the kid is ready for the business of the NFL….& it just feels like McD really wanted him to be apart of this team. That this was not a pick made without any thought to it.

I still would think PS is the most likely outcome for him as he is trying to play a new position at the highest level, but right now he only has to beat out Tanner Conner for the 3rd TE spot and Conner is basically him from last year.A guy trying to become a TE.

Now they did carry Conner on the 53 man and one would think Higgins might be a bit more advanced as a rookie than he was, so who knows?

He certainly looks like he is worth the effort to try to coach up.

6’3 235 is too small to be a true tight end. He’s just a slot receiver at that size. A rich man’s Sherfield.

If he puts on 10-15 pounds without losing much juice, then we’re in business. Big if. We’ll have to see. But I like that he’s a Stanford kid—he seems smart and willing to learn the blocking aspect of things.

It’s a dart throw, but a good dart throw. I wouldn’t be surprised if Higgins is our starting TE by 2024. Also wouldn’t be surprised if he’s out of the NFL by then. That’s what you get in the 6th round.

6’3 235 is too small to be a true tight end. He’s just a slot receiver at that size. A rich man’s Sherfield.

If he puts on 10-15 pounds without losing much juice, then we’re in business. Big if. We’ll have to see. But I like that he’s a Stanford kid—he seems smart and willing to learn the blocking aspect of things.

It’s a dart throw, but a good dart throw. I wouldn’t be surprised if Higgins is our starting TE by 2024. Also wouldn’t be surprised if he’s out of the NFL by then. That’s what you get in the 6th round.

I really don't think this is accurate. He specifically said in the interview that he specifically kept his weight down because he lined up in the slot, and that he could easily play at 245.

Seems a smart kid.

I really don't think this is accurate. He specifically said in the interview that he specifically kept his weight down because he lined up in the slot, and that he could easily play at 245.

Seems a smart kid.
In which case he wouldn’t be 6’3 235 anymore. If he can put on 10-15 pounds without losing a ton of speed/athleticism, then he can work as a tight end. But at 235, he’s a glorified slot.

I dont care if he plays at 235, 245, 247 and 1/3, TE, WR, Slot, H-back or waterboy. I just want to know if he can get separation and YAC.

Gesicki could not get much of either and that's why he signed a contract for 4mil. I love the guy as a person and player, but we need separation and YAC if you're going to catch the ball.

Impressed with the way he talks, he sounds like he understands his game and his skills with a lot of attention to detail. Definitely sounds like a guy Mike McD wants to coach.

He'll be around 250 for the start of the season willing to bet. His blocking will ultimately determine if he gets early snaps but the guy will be a mismatch at the TE position which is what McDaniels is looking for...more weapons

I think you have to open your mind and envision the fast break versatile offense they are designing and not limit your thinking to traditional standards……

I love what they are trying to do and see what they are adding to the tight end room as similar to adding Achane to the backfield…..

In which case he wouldn’t be 6’3 235 anymore. If he can put on 10-15 pounds without losing a ton of speed/athleticism, then he can work as a tight end. But at 235, he’s a glorified slot.
Gerald Everett of the Chargers is 6'3 240 and he's carved out a decent career. Evan Engram too. It might be too small to be a true inline tight end, but Smyth and Saubert can handle that role.

Back
Top Bottom