Great, Great 1st week in Free Agency for Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great, Great 1st week in Free Agency for Miami

I agree...nice post but the Fins really wanted Tait and did everything they could to bring him in...in the end...Tait choose to go to Da'Bears b/c of location.

Now...I would not give up on C. Coleman...I think we still may sign him.

Our new RT...was my second choice...Tait was my #1 choice and after we lost him...I was hoping that we could sign D. McIntosh...and it looks like we did...yeah!!!

Our new LG...J. James looks nasty and will fit nicely here in Miami...his attitude is much needed here...yeah!!!

All in all...we have improved the O-line...yeah!!!

Just a thought....if we don't sign C. Coleman or B. Williams...how about moving S. McKinney to the RG position and drafting that center from Virginia Tech??? I've heard that this guy is nasty and the real deal...sorry I forgot his name but this is just a thought!!!

I'm to lazy to go find his name but I have read up on him and he's a mean mo-fo!!!

Go Fins!!!

CK - I don't buy a lot of what Scouts Inc say - I'm not sure how ESPN got caught up with them, but that's just a personal thing.....to my mind Brian Waters was the best OLman on that Chiefs line with Roaf and Shields 1b and 1c. Tait struggled with the move from LT to RT and the big knock on him was that he wasn't tough enough. For a guy who will, as I said, be 30 come the start of the season, I think we did ABSOLUTELY the right thing.

Jake Grove would be an option if we had 2 1st rounders, but at this stage I don't see that happening. The WR crop is just too good.

Bobbie Williams can play RG or his more natural RT spot in case McIntosh DOES get hurt and then you plug in Yates, who I thought did a pretty decent job in relief for Jamie Nails last year at LG considering he was an UFA, or Taylor Whitley.

Great to see ya back Boom. I'm not in complete agreement with EVERYTHING you posted, simply because I haven't seen some of these guys play and can only go on what I've read. I'd rather try to get Williams, Anderson or Gorman in for RG than go with Coleman, myself, but that's just me. Personally, I think we're going to pick up one of those at RG with the $ we've saved / cleared after the market settles a little further.

McIntosh will probably be at least nearly as good as Wade at run blocking, probably better at pass blocking, so it wouldn't surprise me if there's a slight drop off there, but also wouldn't be surprised if he's an upgrade all the way around (remember, he's making a switch in position - even though that should help improve his pass blocking - it's a position he's not accustomed to), we'll just have to wait and see on that.

I'd caution against spending too much money on the guard position. One guy is understandable, but in general I still feel guards should be made, not bought. Guys like Williams, Coleman, Claridge, and Garmon are young and looking to cash in a bit on their first big contract year. If they want signing bonuses in the millions, pass please. We already bought two guys on the OL its time to I think let the one missing position be filled by a younger cheaper guy that could surprise us.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I'd caution against spending too much money on the guard position. One guy is understandable, but in general I still feel guards should be made, not bought. Guys like Williams, Coleman, Claridge, and Garmon are young and looking to cash in a bit on their first big contract year. If they want signing bonuses in the millions, pass please. We already bought two guys on the OL its time to I think let the one missing position be filled by a younger cheaper guy that could surprise us.
I agree there's no need now to rush and get a guard. It'd be nice if we can get one without spending too much but there're some good guards coming out that we can get in the draft too.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Boomer
Jake Grove would be an option if we had 2 1st rounders, but at this stage I don't see that happening. The WR crop is just too good.

Bobbie Williams can play RG or his more natural RT spot in case McIntosh DOES get hurt and then you plug in Yates, who I thought did a pretty decent job in relief for Jamie Nails last year at LG considering he was an UFA, or Taylor Whitley.

Yes, I was thinking that as well.
B Williams would be our most logical choice.
That way we are always covered in case of an injury.

Starting line: WSmith, JJames, SMcKinney, BWilliams, DMcIntosh
If WSmith goes down, DMcIntosh moves to LT, BWilliams to RT
If DMcIntosh goes down, BWilliams to RT.

We have plenty of servicable guards.
The final piece of the puzzle would be Jake Grove at center. Let him and Seth battle it out. We all know who would win.

Great post man. I really feel alot better after reading that. I'm feeling as though maybe our FO DOES know what they're doing. Here's hoping for the RIGHT moves being made in the offseason. I truly love my Dolphins and always hope for the best and wish for the Superbowl, and I'm proud to know that all these guys here feel the same way but we do need to be a little more positive about everything. As far as the Feeley thing goes, I watched a couple of his games when he played at Michigan and I'm a little bit optimistic about this guy, I feel he's gonna be a sure fit into our system. At least I hope so..............Great post none the less..............

Cuban - Feeley was at Oregon. Drew Henson was at Michigan.

Yea, I agree that the bashing here has gone too far considering what we have achieved. I totally agree with you except on one point though:

Feeley is a gamble.

Otherwise, great post!

Boomer...

thanks for waiting and posting a mature, considered viewpoint. Too often when reacting to up-to-the-minute news the arguments are half ****ed. Step back and see the big picture and there is method in amongst the madness (even if it is occasionally tempered by bad luck).

Take a pick. who do you follow? ed pope or boomer?

:lol:

I agree totally boomer. i am a bit surprised though. this board seems full of people who dont know how to vote for president. just kidding. i wish pope would write a article about that.:lol:

you defenitely do not want to pay too much for a Gaurd. they say bad luck comes in three's. I say its a long time till september. I also say that its easy to critisize but difficult to understand that things do happen. People who critisize ussually dont have the answeres either. kind of like John kerry for pres.

Back
Top Bottom