Great Griese Article | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great Griese Article

Muck, that vid you have a link to in your sig is hilarious. I instantly thought of Mark "Mad Dog" Madsen's victory celebrations with the Lakers. At least Madsen has an excuse for being awkward.....he's white.

I sure had a hard time finding this thread, but wanted to add some stuff from the mailbag, along with a couple of new items I have just sent to same.

Congratulations! A while back you predicted that Brian Griese would be starting for the Dolphins BEFORE Halloween! (I lost the article.) :( How the heck did you know that?
-- Rebecka Justice, Portland, Ore.

Thanks for remembering, Rebecka. I'm also willing to predict that it's going to rain in Portland tomorrow. Please let me know if I nail it.

New item 1.Thanks for the thanks Adam. (Funny, I predicted you would only publish 'that' part of what I said) Hmm

BTW, there is a whole world of difference between likelihood of rain in Portland and Brian starting before Halloween. Hint:portland gets an AWFUL lot of rain. Rebecka Justice, Portland, OR

Have you been watching Brian Griese pass the ball for the Miami Dolphins? Isn't he very impressive? What do you think about that?
-- Angela, Omaha, Neb. (This is one smart gal. RJ)

Not surprised, Angela. I expected Brian to have success in Miami. He has a great running back and a great defense. Put enough talent around him, and Griese is set up to succeed.

New item 2.Amazing Adam! That "great running" vs SD was 23 for 69 and vs Indy was 13 for 36 yards, while that "great defense" gave up their first 100 yard rushing game this year. Not blaming the Miami D. Just wondering if you were aware of the "facts"? On the other hand, you sure nailed WHY Brian didn't succeed in Denver. (Wish you hadn't done it via the back door.)
Rebecka Justice Portland, OR

.....while that "great defense" gave up their first 100 yard rushing game this year. Not blaming the Miami D. Just wondering if you were aware of the "facts"?

Not sure what you're trying to say here. So a "great" D doesn't ever give up over 100 team yards rushing?? And we still haven't allowed a 100-yard RB this season. That is a fact.

Muck, I was not putting down the Miami Defense. As far as I can see, they are about the best in the League, 'most' of the time. Like it or not, Sunday wasn't one of those times. The point I was trying to make to Schefter was that he was being a bit silly. Well, even sillier than usual. Yes, I know they have not allowed a 100 yard rusher. That is why I said rushing game. I do believe that was the first this year. Outstanding.

You probably realize that Denver's D was right near the bottom of the League last year, and Shanahan (for reasons unknown) decided the Passing game should dominate. (He is doing it again) Yet he and the rest of the Denver media decided it was 'all' Brian's fault they lost some games.

Then, after they managed to get rid of Brian, he makes these predictions? Guess he has a hard time making up his mind, OR he wants to cover all his bases so dumb people like 'Rebecka Justice' ;)
can pump up his ego. Not hard. If he sits on both sides of the fence, he is going to be right half the time. I just wish you had seen my original contribution to his mailbag in it's entirity. Fat chance he would have published it. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Muck

Not sure what you're trying to say here. So a "great" D doesn't ever give up over 100 team yards rushing?? And we still haven't allowed a 100-yard RB this season. That is a fact.

What is this thread all about...???

:confused:

Originally posted by Beckyj4
I sure had a hard time finding this thread, but wanted to add some stuff from the mailbag, along with a couple of new items I have just sent to same.

Congratulations! A while back you predicted that Brian Griese would be starting for the Dolphins BEFORE Halloween! (I lost the article.) :( How the heck did you know that?
-- Rebecka Justice, Portland, Ore.

Thanks for remembering, Rebecka. I'm also willing to predict that it's going to rain in Portland tomorrow. Please let me know if I nail it.

New item 1.Thanks for the thanks Adam. (Funny, I predicted you would only publish 'that' part of what I said) Hmm

BTW, there is a whole world of difference between likelihood of rain in Portland and Brian starting before Halloween. Hint:portland gets an AWFUL lot of rain. Rebecka Justice, Portland, OR

Have you been watching Brian Griese pass the ball for the Miami Dolphins? Isn't he very impressive? What do you think about that?
-- Angela, Omaha, Neb. (This is one smart gal. RJ)

Not surprised, Angela. I expected Brian to have success in Miami. He has a great running back and a great defense. Put enough talent around him, and Griese is set up to succeed.

New item 2.Amazing Adam! That "great running" vs SD was 23 for 69 and vs Indy was 13 for 36 yards, while that "great defense" gave up their first 100 yard rushing game this year. Not blaming the Miami D. Just wondering if you were aware of the "facts"? On the other hand, you sure nailed WHY Brian didn't succeed in Denver. (Wish you hadn't done it via the back door.)
Rebecka Justice Portland, OR

R u some kind of Griese Groupy?

FFiB, Well, I have read several of your posts now and have to admit, your reasoning is waaaay too deep for me. would sure like to discuss the points you are 'making' if I could figure out what they are........ :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by Beckyj4
FFiB, Well, I have read several of your posts now and have to admit, your reasoning is waaaay too deep for me. would sure like to discuss the points you are 'making' if I could figure out what they are........ :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

My reasoning is easy...you post only the few good things of Brian. You seem to forget that Brian is also well known for sacks, fumble-itis and injuries.
He was literally run out of town in Denver and the Broncos swallowed a huge signing bonus for a reason.

To add to that you signed up on 10-28 just in time for Brian's first start.

I am truly surprised that you get so easily confused with just one question...all it required was a "yes" or "no".

FFiB, Actually, I signed up during preseason, came over and read a lot of Posts and relized I knew next to nothing about most of the players on the team. When Brian started playing, that changed. Problem was, I forgot I had signed up. (I read a lot of Forums, that I don't sign up for) However, when I AGAIN registered, it told me I had already done so.

The point is, still, that I preferred not to post UNTIL I knew what I was talking about. Tell you what. Find a copy of last Monday night's game. Watch it, then go read some of the Bronco forums.The Broncos had that game won. Idiotic Playcalling lost it for them. Shades of 1999, 2000, 2001, and 2002.

From your post, I can see that you have been paying a lot of attention to "self proclaimed" Bronco 'experts'. Funny thing is, without the idiotic playcalling on Offense last year, the Broncos would have went
8-0. Without the idiotic playcalling on Defense, they would have went a lot further. With Brian as QB yet!

As to the injuries, Brian started all but 2 games in 1999. Made it all the way through the following year right up to the ALL-HEART game against Oakland when his shoulder was driven into the ground. SO, after being out a couple of plys, he returned to the game with a 3RD degree shoulder separation, and went 25-37-1-262. The P/R ratio was 39/23. (This from a team that won two SBs in a row with the emphasis on the Ground game?) The other 2 attempts were by Gus Ferrotte. He was 1-2.

The fumbles and sacks were proven to be pretty close for other QBs, so I am not going to go back over that. You just seem to have 'missed' it. Another thing you apparently didn't know is that the Broncos were in the top 8 in passing during Brian's tenure. Check out where they are now.

Shanahan KNEW he had to go back to the ground game for his 'new' QB to succeed. He went away from it at KC and hasn't got back yet.
Funny thing is, his 'old' QB could win some of those games. Like the ALL-HEART game, and KC last year. John Elway only won in KC with a
-P/+R ratio. Brian won with twice as many attempts at passing as they tried to rush.

I wasn't really confused. It was just an attempt to get you to see that 'one-liner' implied insults isn't very productive.

>>>R u some kind of Griese Groupy?<<<

No, but I am a very firm fan of his and if you are able to read any of the above, you may begin to understand why. And, that is just the tip of the iceberg. BTW, releasing Brian wasn't the first time Shanahan cut his own throat and that of the team. Nor will it be the last.

Sure am glad that I waited until "I" knew what I was posting about. Before you make any more blanket statements about Brian, maybe you would like to check the FACTS?

Back
Top Bottom