great Matt Roth article | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

great Matt Roth article

He's got that Butkus mentality ... as Paul Hourning once said, he plays football like he HATES YOU.

Great line from the article, Im really looking forward to seeing what this guy can do

After this draft I am stoked for the upcoming season. Everytime I read something about Roth, I get the goose bumps that I used to have thinking about our defense.

The two things that will ensure Roth's success in the NFL are his lightning-quick initial first step and his dedication.

Sometimes something evil comes youre way

Roth will be our best draft pick since Marino!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen Roth play in person several times for the Hawkeyes. He's an animal the Dolphins will be glad they drafted. He'll bring a lot of energy with every snap he plays. I was so glad when he slipped down in the draft...

Jimmy Sweeney, RB, Riverside Middle

I think the scouts might be wrong about this kid. Look at those eyes. Looks like he wants to hit someone. :D

I didn't know of him before the draft, but from what I've read, his demeanor kind of reminds me of Romanoski (Spelling?). I have a feeling he will make some of our other D-linemen step up their intensity too, and I look for him to unseat an ole vet fairly soon (ala Zack when he came into the league).

Steve

Great article.
Roth's highlight reel looked pretty impressive.
Hopefully he'll be the next Dwight Freeney.

Man The More I Read About This Guy The More I Like Him We Need More Of This Attitude On Defence Ala Seau

DolphinDevil28 said:
I'm elated about Roth too, but how can you be more excited about him than Ronnie Brown???

I'm afraid to get my hopes up for Brown.

I am an Iowa fan and have watched him kill people for a while now. :) The guy is relentless. He was only picked later because he is a bit undersized. The kind of intensity he plays with is unmatched by the other defensive ends though (and I have watched them all at least a little). It is contagious and he should elevate the level of play of the rest of the linemen. After I get 100 posts I will be able to post some links that you all will like a lot! :)

I hope we will end up seeing alot of Roth, but how much will his playing time be reduced by the three vets(taylor, carter and holiday). Taylor will stay in almost every play during the season and I doubt roth will beat out carter his first season so how much will he get in.

Back
Top Bottom