Great MUST READ Article for Football Fans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great MUST READ Article for Football Fans

PYPER

Practice Squad
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs04/columns/story?id=1968528

It's by Michael Smith on ESPN.com

Here are my favorite two quotes. These are points I've tried to communicate to skeptics on other boards over the years. Its about time somebody from the nat'l media has finally "gotten it".

The first one is from Matt Light:
"We're never going to put up big numbers, but I think what we do as good as any team in the league is, when we need to, we answer the bell," said left tackle Matt Light. "We're a pretty good situational football team, and I think that's the difference. That's why we win games."

The second one is from Michael Smith. This is the point that the media has been missing for the longest time.
It comes down to how well the Patriots do what they're told to do. It's personnel as much as it a person(s) devising schemes. Henceforth, now, and forever, let it never be said again that they are a team devoid of stars. Prima donnas, yes, but they have star players. And better players than Indianapolis has.

Here's another quote I enjoyed by Bruschi:
"I'm trying to think of what excuses they're saying in their locker room right now," Tedy Bruschi (two fumble recoveries) said afterward. "What rules do they want to change now? Maybe it'll be, 'We can't play a game if it snows.' I don't know. I was just tired of it. I was tired of hearing this and that, talking about the last game and how we didn't win the game, they lost the game by giving the ball away. Last time I checked, turnovers are when defenses take it away. And we just took it away again today. To hold that offense to three points, I mean, their players are great. I respect what Peyton Manning did this year. I respect those players. Sometimes you've just got to be quiet and play football."

Have I mentioned lately, how much I LOVE this team.

Thank you Belichick. Thank you Kraft. Thank you Pioli. Thank you Weis, Crennel, and all the other fine coaches.

And mostly, thank you to all the players who have invested their time, energy, blood, sweat, and tears to making all of this possible. You guys are the best. Now let's go kick some Steeler ***!

);pyper

Back
Top Bottom