greatest fins victory(excluding last sb win) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

greatest fins victory(excluding last sb win)

Va.fin fan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
i have to say the wuppin we laid on the mighty bears defense . oh that game was sweet.
and the win last yr to end the dreaded cursed from the dankest parts of the bowels of h#ll streak against the jets.
Danny lit em up in 85, and Ricky out ran um in 02.
there's been so many and i've whatched them all since 75-76 .
that win against the bears was my fav.

Breaking the Jinx last year was a classic.....

Classic ass-whooping.

Naturally the Bears MN game would be the best choice.

The list of games that I remember watching are:
-1991 Bills game where we won 35-10, Keith Jackson's first game, Louis Oliver 3 interceptions 2 TDs

-1998 Broncos game, had it not been for the Giants beating them the week before the Broncos would have been 13-0. Lamar Thomas had 3 TDs

-1996 Jets game where we were down big & Dan brought us back with 3 TD passes in the 4th quarter, including the fake spike to Mark Ingram

-1994 season opener vs the Patriots, Dan's first game back from the achillies injury. The greatest shoot out I've ever seen between any two QBs.

-2002 Broncos game, just a hell of a game. Nothing spectacular, just back & forth battle between the two best teams at the time.

-1993 Cowboys game on Thanksgiving. Snow in Dallas & the big blunder by Leon Lett. What a great Thanksgiving it was. Sadly it was our last win of the year & we missed the playoffs.

now see that my friends ,was a great post 29 when your recalling great wins like that man it makes you feel good all over. two thumbs up bro. peace.

Favorite game of all time:
1985 Bears vs Miami, OB
I was 11 years old, with a small black and white tv in my room with no sound on enjoying every second of it while my parents were sound asleep in the room next door :)

You guys are going to think I'm nuts, but the 51-45 game in NY that we lost in 1986 is my second all time favorite. Wesley Walker came up HUGE for the Jets that game, and I'll never forget the thrill of an OT shootout between Marino and O'Brian. For some reason that game sticks in my head as the one that got me completely addicted to football (and the misery that comes with being a fan, something all of us Dolphin fans experience year after year).

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides the Bears game in '85, as far as newer games, I like the Dolphins beating the Raiders in '01 at home. Fiedler getting past Trace Armstrong at the last second to beat 'em was sweet.:cool:

Yeah The Bears' game in '85 would be the first choice. i would have to add the Colts playoff come from behind victory in 2001. The fake spike game was another instant classic as many of the meetings between the 2 foes have been. I also agree that the Broncos' game this past season should be in near the top of the list. Our season took a huge plunge after the game, but I don't remember seeing such an intense battle in a long time. Everytime someone hit someone it was like they just caught the ball carrier in bed with their wife. It was an intense cliffhanger that happend to be on national TV.

yeah that was a heart stopper how about that playoff game against sd.
come back 17 down against the browns in the playoffs
win over jets championship gm. aj duhey 3 int in the rain.
last 2 reg season gms against the faiders

The end of the F&%*ing Streak!!! Altough the Bears game was pretty sweet.

The 2001 game vs the Raiders was sweet because I was in Williamsburg VA on business and looked high and low for a place to watch the game... I was talking to a barmaid in a local Sports Bar that had games on satellite but only 3 TVs... She said she'd be happy to put the Dolphins game on because her hubby was a Raider fan and she hated the Raiders...

The game against the '85 Bears was a great one... And the '82 game at the Orange Bowl against the Chargers, even though we lost, was probably the best game I ever attended...

The most recent game I went to was the Raider game last season, prior to that the blow-out of the Bills in 2001...

Stopping the streak was awesome...just as the jets started talking "shi-- uh--Smack"
I liked the Bears game too

I wasn't even born when the Fins played the bears in 85 so I can't say that. I think the two greatest wins that I remember were the Broncos game in 2002 when Mare made the game winning kick and the playoff win against Indy in the 2000-2001 season.

The playoff win against the Montanna lead Chiefs. I hated Montanna after he beat us in the SB in 84. He is the kind of player I would usually love, but I hated him for the rest of his career.

Just too many to list. Of course I've been watching the Fins from game 1. My favorites, the double OT against Kansas City. The game we lost against SD or should I say Kelin Winslow. Unbelievable game. The Dallas Thanksgiving game. More than one of the Miami/Oakland games of the 70's. The Marino era, well that could carry this thread through until this season starts.

Back
Top Bottom