greatest fins victory(excluding last sb win) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

greatest fins victory(excluding last sb win)

I have two...

Thanksgiving day game vs the Cowboys

and

The fake spike game against the Jets

There's one no one has mentioned..

There is one game that no one has mentioned. Let me set the stage...Marino's last year. Vs the Colts.

In his last year he summons up his magic enough for a 4th quartercomeback, throws for almost 400 yards. Wins on the last play of the game with jump ball throw to Gadsden in the corner of the endzone.

Also Marino's last win vs Seattle in the playoffs, a 4th quarter comeback. Game was sealed with an INT from T-Buck.

i also like that win against the bills in the playoffs, when trace sacked flutie at the end to seal the game

Da' Bears

Then the Fake Spike game

Then Marino's return game against New England

Ah it's great to be a Fin Fan!

1. Bears game in '85. Absolutely.

2. Raiders @ home in '01. Not an especially well-played game by either of us, but pulse-pounding at the end. Way to go Jay. That's when I jumped on his bandwagon.

3. The season-opener when Marino came back from the Achilles, year ?? (lost in the haze). I was so excited to see him play again, & I think he lit up the Patsies for like 500yds...felt that way:D

4. Thanksgiving vs the Cowboys. I still pull out the tape & love watching JJ's reaction when we pull that one out...

5. Clock play. Beats the Jets AND makes them look stupid. What more could you ask for?

6. Maybe should be higher, but I was so young I only remember little bits of it ( I was 10...): Beating the Steelers in the AFC Championship in 84 season. Marino was unstoppable & we were headed for the SB......

Originally posted by fin-atic
Da' Bears

Then the Fake Spike game

Then Marino's return game against New England

Ah it's great to be a Fin Fan!

Right on. We're simpatico...:lol:

...but I type too slow....

Too many to list. I'd say the 2000 Playoff win vs. Indy @ Miami was one of the most satisfying wins in recent memory. Manning, James, Harrison v. Lamar, curley and Uncle Jed; A triiumph of heart over hype - substance over flash.

I've been watching since the double OT win against KC on Christmas 1971 (midway through 3rd quarter - just a little 7-8 year old kid). So there are just too damned many to list, and I'm sure several more that I probably can't even remember off the top of my head.

its fun hearing about all the heart stopping games our beloved fins have given us. and you know whats the best thing is they are primed to give us more this season. cant wait till the new ones arrive

The 1982 AFC title game in the mud was probably the best non-super bowl victory.
The other great ones chronologicly
1971 Win at the LA Colisiuem against the Rams(the true arrival of the team)
1971 Double OT Christmas Day playoff win
1971 AFC title game shutout against the Colts
1975 Home win against Buffalo
1977 Thankgiving Day 55-10 mauling against the Cardinals
1978 Home win against Dallas
1984 Season opening win(5 Marino td passes) at Washington
1985 Monday Night win against DaBears
1987 Sunday Night comback win against Washington
1990 Road win at Cleveland(Cleveland fired their coach after the game)
1990 Sunday Night overtime home win against Philadelphia
1990 Playoff comback win against Kansas City
1991 Overtime Road win in the cold against DaBears(NBC had built up DaBears as a god-like team that entire day)
1992 Playoff blowout of San Diego
1993 Win at Buffalo with Bryan Cox's salute to the Buffalo fans
1993 Road win at Cleveland after Marino suffered the achillies injury
1993 Shula's record win at Philadelphia, without a legitimate quarterback playing
1993 Thanksgiving game win in the snow
1994 Marino's return shootout win against the Patsies
1994 Raider home overtime win
1994 The great comback against the Jets with Marino's fake spike
1995 Home win against Buffalo with mostly run plays out of the shotgun and a great game by Bernie Parmalee
1996 Road win at Buffalo without Marino won by Buckley's interception return touchdown in the final minute
1998 Monday Night home win over Denver
1998 Playoff win over Buffalo
2000 Playoff overtime win over the Colts
2001 Seaon opener at Tennesee
2001 Home win over the Raiders

Definentally the Snow Plow game.

Oh wait........:evil:

Originally posted by Va.fin fan
its fun hearing about all the heart stopping games our beloved fins have given us. and you know whats the best thing is they are primed to give us more this season. cant wait till the new ones arrive

I would rather have games like the Detroit game last year, I would rather have games we blow someones doors off consistantly then getting me real close to a stroke :evil:

yeah i agree bro. but i guess it wouldn't be the same if i did not have to take my nitro pills during the games.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom