Greatest Opening Day Memory | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greatest Opening Day Memory

PhinPhreak

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Well considering the last few years opening day games have been uneventful, tomorrow may be another to add to the list.

What is your greatest opening day memory? I have to say that the Patriots game in 94 was one of the best, Dans' first game back, the shootout back and forth between Dan and Drew, 4th and 5 to Fryar for the winning TD, I remember not having a voice by the end of that game. Who knows tomorrow's game could be exciting like that,

:rolleyes:

:lol:

Last year's game vs Detroit. Ricky's first time as a Fin and completely shredding that Lion's D### apart. I loved it.

I personally enjoyed the Titans game in Tennessee two years ago. At the time, only one team had ever beaten the Titans at their new home, Baltimore. Nearly everyone thought we were going to lose this game, however, we came into Tennessee and won pretty convincingly.

No brainer that one.
Being in Miami to watch Ricky to rip up the lions last year.
My family and I flew the Atlantic to be at that game :D

Originally posted by Prime Time
Last year's game vs Detroit. Ricky's first time as a Fin and completely shredding that Lion's D### apart. I loved it.

Actually same game... Nails clearing the way for Ricky down the sideline... that was sweet....

Mine would also be that '94 Pats opener. Not only did Dan and Bledsoe combine for almost 1000 yards passing that day, but it was Dan's first game back after tearing that Achilles tendon the year before. Everyone was questioning whether Danny could bounce back from the first major injury of his career. Boy did he let the world know. :)

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I personally enjoyed the Titans game in Tennessee two years ago. At the time, only one team had ever beaten the Titans at their new home, Baltimore. Nearly everyone thought we were going to lose this game, however, we came into Tennessee and won pretty convincingly.
that was a great one, I predicted we would win it all if we won that, bit I was wrong :( we just have Tenn's #.

The '94 opener is such a classic it is hard to top

Patriots-Dolphins by far. I don't think there has ever been an opening day game that was that intruiging and nail biting. Two teams who played hard and knocked the snot out of each other through the air until the final gun went off.

Seeing Irving Fryar catch the game winner form a recovered Dan Marino was sweet. Many people forget that Fryar was a former Patsy before coming to Miami so that must have been all the more sweeter for him as well.

Great Game.

me too, 1994 opening day...I still have SI with DAN THE MAN on the cover

94 was probably my favorite.....although after that 8-game losing streak to the Jets, I think that 52-14 game in 95 was pretty tight.

i was most inspired by the opening day win in'96 over NE, jimmy's first as fins coach. abdul-jabbar ran for 120+ and the team conincingly won 24-10. jj was coming off back to back SB wins(..and a 3 year break;) ). at that point, i felt the team was a year away.

the 1995 opener vs the jets was awe-inspiring as well. there was ALOT of offseason hype surrounding the fins(surprise, surprise) and the went out and CRUSHED the jets 52-14. i honestly couldn't believe my eyes.

The 94 Pats game.
A clos 2nd is the Titans game. Remember, they were being touted to win it all in most circles.

The opening game of 1999 vs. the Broncos on MNF. Miami snapped
Denvers home winning streak. Preserved the record for us.

Back
Top Bottom