Greatest Opening Day Memory | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greatest Opening Day Memory

jep the denver game was good too, griese started wih a long td pass over the middle, but then dan went to work and we beat them like 38 : 21 ???

btw :welcome: to a new season guys, only 4 hours till kickoff, enjoy our miami dolphins, i sure will, across the sea :)

There are either a bunch of kids on here or people with short memorys. 1984, Dans 1st year as the opening day starter Miami @ Washington, Dan ripped them for 5 TDs and I beleive it was 400+ yrds, you could just hear the league go "OH Sh^T" as Miami went on to a 14-2 record and a trip to the super bowl. Dan had 5,084 yards and 48 TDs. 19 year old record that still standing strong.

1000 POST!!!!!

All these years and FINALLY!!! :lolcry:

Last edited by a moderator:
The 94 Pats game, without question. Ben Coates arived on the scene and torched the Miami safeties that day. However, Marino was just on fire.

It was great to see the doubters of Marino (of which their were many) eat humble pie. There was one play, where Marino (who at the time had possibly his most pronounced limp), desperate for a first down actually ran.....you could see the pain on his face. To me, that play summed Dan up more than any TD he ever threw....pure guts and desire. Dang I miss that guy.

No Doubt....Pats - Fins, '94

I stillhave the Boston Globe article that came from the paper leading up to that game.....

It said stuff like how sad it was to see Dan "limping" back into the pocket and how awfulhe looked allof pre-season....

How he felt "sorry" for him....

HAAAA.....that had to be one of the biggest helpings of CROW that guy ever had after Dan lit up the Patriot defense like a Christmas tree.....

475+ yards and 5 TD's later.......CLASSIC!!!!

:lol:

Hmmm, now I am so excited about todays game tat I am literally just killin time until it kicks off. It just so happens that I have the 94 Pats game on tape. A+B= See you later guys :D

Originally posted by phinphan
:lol:

Hmmm, now I am so excited about todays game tat I am literally just killin time until it kicks off. It just so happens that I have the 94 Pats game on tape. A+B= See you later guys :D

:jawdrop: :eek: How much for a copy. Huh Huh :pray:

Back in 84 when we play the redskins on opening day and Dan had 4 or 5 td passes and Duper and Clayton were great. It was the start of the greatest season ever by a QB.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Muck
Mine would also be that '94 Pats opener. Not only did Dan and Bledsoe combine for almost 1000 yards passing that day, but it was Dan's first game back after tearing that Achilles tendon the year before. Everyone was questioning whether Danny could bounce back from the first major injury of his career. Boy did he let the world know. :)

that the ticket! this game was the first to enter my mind. i heard it on some show where they did a quick blip on that. i think it was on a radio show (Bills)talking about blow dredsoe.:lol: dan and irving fryar all day.

Back
Top Bottom