Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Earl Cambell

• Curtis Martin

• other

• Total voters
Walter Payton was and IS the best rb to ever line-up in a pro backfield!!
The guy played on some pretty bad Bear teams yet he seemed to always put up huge #'s..
Payton was a consummate pro and team player.. He gave up his body on every single play! You never read about any off field problems with Payton and he also did alot for the community...
:D

Marino1983

Marino1983 said:
Walter Payton was and IS the best rb to ever line-up in a pro backfield!!
The guy played on some pretty bad Bear teams yet he seemed to always put up huge #'s..
Payton was a consummate pro and team player.. He gave up his body on every single play! You never read about any off field problems with Payton and he also did alot for the community...
:D

Marino1983
according to the poll B.S. is the best ever. :tongue:

Barry would have shattered the rushing record, I know it, you all know it and most of all...Emmit Smith knows it.

Doktor Ivel said:
yea but Emmit actually acomplished it:wink: :wink:

True cant argue that, BUT ask yourself this, If Detroit drafted Smith would be have acomplished it?

Hellion said:
True cant argue that, BUT ask yourself this, If Detroit drafted Smith would be have acomplished it?

Smith had a terrific offense around him, and Barry had a lousy one around him. That said, you cant write off Smith's greatness. Kind of like Montana(Smith) v.s. Marino(Sanders)

ih8brady said:
Smith had a terrific offense around him, and Barry had a lousy one around him. That said, you cant write off Smith's greatness. Kind of like Montana(Smith) v.s. Marino(Sanders)

exactly. Good example.

I voted for Barry, never be another one like him. Made the game exciting no matter what the score was.

But I have to say one thing. How does Jim Brown have 1 vote so far. I vote for Barry because of his style of play. But Jim Brown should be number 1.

Barry Sanders is the greatest running back of my generation. I won't compare him to the other generations since I wasn't around to see it but of my generation, no one touches Barry. I will never forget when he played the Jets in the last game of the season in 97 (I believe). If the Jets would of won they would of made the playoffs and Barry was going for 2,000 yards. After being shut down and in danger of not hitting 2,000 Barry made a run (don't remember how long it was) that put him over 2,000. After being denied all day he wouldn't quit and got over 2,000. As a Dolphins fan I couldn't of been prouder not only seeing him going over 2,000 but also being a big force in causing the Jets to watch the playoffs from their couches!

Hellion said:
I know what your saying man...overall Barry Sanders IS the greatest of all time.....its too bad that the greatest back, couldnt have the rushing record.

ih8brady said:
Because I think he was a bulldozer nobody could stop.
he played fullback......you guys may argue with me here, but I dont think any player, before the 1960s would be a starter today. Jim Brown was above his time.....he was a beast then, but if he were plaing in todays day in age, I dont think he'd be starting.....why?.......look how small the players were back then.....he was bigger than some offensive lineman.....the players skills were so poor back then, It would be like LaDanian Tomlinson, going over to Japan, and playing in the x-league(the xleague, is Japanbs pro football league.) He would run through everybody.....there offensive lineman are like 5'10 224;, marinos weight.......
thats just my point....take it as you will.

Back
Top Bottom