Greatest Sports team logo? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greatest Sports team logo?

For some reason, I feel like helping the Browns out!!!! I'm all for simplicity, but Christ, put something on that helmet. They can put their alternate logo on it. I was thinking that they could do like crimson tide with the number on one side, like this:
brownsrtq0-1.jpg

clear.gif

Or at the very least this:

brownslsg3-1.jpg

I guess I was feeling bad for them when I googled their logo and found this:

imagestm8-1.jpg
What the F*ck is this???

ganooch said:
that is remulus and romulus the twins who (legend) were the founders of Rome. They are suckling from a wolf who kept them alive. I forgot the rest of the legend but that is the jist of it.

Now *THAT* is a cool logo, and plenty original for the historical (sort of) value. I mean, you don't see the Boston Red Sox using a logo of a bunch of rioters getting shot by English troops.

As for the rest...

Baseball - Yankees, though I do like seeing people get all uppity about the grinning Chief Wahoo logo every so often.
Football - Redskins, for the same reasons mentioned above.
Basketball - The Celtics have by far the best now, though the old Bucks logo with the buck spinning a basketball on his hoof was pretty neat (I can't be bothered to look it up).
Hockey - The Rangers' Statue of Liberty one looks really cool, except that it's contrived, it has no historical value with the team, and it's inaccurate, seeing as how the Statue is actually located in New Jersey. Other than that, though, first rate. The Sabres' logo is laughably bad; it's supposed to be a bison, but it comes off looking like a demonic goat. (Even Jim Kelly agrees with me on this; he called it a demonic goat in private.) If I had to pick one, I'd go with the Red Wings.

I think this might be the best looking logo of them all...classy ...

clear.gif

The song "You'll Never Walk Alone", originally from the Rodgers and Hammerstein musical Carousel and famously recorded by Liverpool musicians Gerry & The Pacemakers, is the anthem of Liverpool FC (and is included in their crest) and has been sung since the early 1960s. The song has since gained popularity among the fans of other clubs, most notably Celtic, Ajax and Milan. Other German, Dutch and Northern Irish clubs have also adopted the song. Claims that the singing of You'll Never Walk Alone was started by fans of other clubs before those of Liverpool are dismissed as untrue [11]. The song's title also adorns the top of the Shankly Gates which were unveiled 26 August 1982 in memory of former manager, Bill Shankly. The "You'll Never Walk Alone" banner portion of the Shankly Gates is also reproduced in the Liverpool FC crest.

I think the Bucs have the best football logo, Bulls in basketball and Avalanche in hockey.

I think the Chicago Bears logo is great. It's simple and cool.

Section126 said:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...rpool_FC_logo.png/150px-Liverpool_FC_logo.png

The song "You'll Never Walk Alone", originally from the Rodgers and Hammerstein musical Carousel and famously recorded by Liverpool musicians Gerry & The Pacemakers, is the anthem of Liverpool FC (and is included in their crest) and has been sung since the early 1960s. The song has since gained popularity among the fans of other clubs, most notably Celtic, Ajax and Milan. Other German, Dutch and Northern Irish clubs have also adopted the song. Claims that the singing of You'll Never Walk Alone was started by fans of other clubs before those of Liverpool are dismissed as untrue [11]. The song's title also adorns the top of the Shankly Gates which were unveiled 26 August 1982 in memory of former manager, Bill Shankly. The "You'll Never Walk Alone" banner portion of the Shankly Gates is also reproduced in the Liverpool FC crest.

The logo has all sorts of significance, actually. Apart from the song being there, the twin flames are a way of paying respect to the 96 Liverpool fans who died in the Hillsborough Stadium disaster.

Section126 said:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b2/Liverpool_FC_logo.png/150px-Liverpool_FC_logo.png

Classy yes...but boring....Although it would be very hard to find to the best soccer logo because there are so many teams and leagues.

Back
Top Bottom