Green Dot | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Green Dot

Chubby

SUPERFAN
Reaction score
Whats up with the Green Dot on the back of the QB's Helmet?

In the Eagles game the commentator made a comment "Vick doesnt have his green Dot yet, that currently belongs to McNabb"

Then later in the game when he was on the field @ QB he had the Green Dot on his helmet.

So I paid attention to it in the Dolphins game.

All the QB's for both sides had the same green dot when they were on the field.

What is it? Has it always been there and I just never noticed? I am an idiot like that sometimes so I wouldnt be surprised.
Chubbs

Radio signals from the Offensive co-ordinators on what play to run next.

Was only introduced one or two seasons ago.

aaah so the sticker is what allows the radio signals. Always though it was built in automatically into QB's helmets, and controlled when its turned on or off since I know it has to be off after breaking the huddle.
Chubbs

aaah so the sticker is what allows the radio signals. Always though it was built in automatically into QB's helmets, and controlled when its turned on or off since I know it has to be off after breaking the huddle.
Chubbs

ummm.... the sticker just shows which helmet has the radio in it. It has nothing to do with the reception of the signal.

Chubbs

Well yea, the radio signals are transmitted through an ear piece built into the helmet. The Green Dot is there to identify that the player is receiving the signals. Only the QB is allowed to receive the signals and only one QB can wear a helmet that receives signals on any given play.

the defense is also allowed to communicate as of last year so it m,eans the same thing when you see a defensive guy with a green dot.. I think channing has ours

Back
Top Bottom