Greenwood to Get $628,000 Tender | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greenwood to Get $628,000 Tender

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The agent for restricted free agent linebacker Morlon Greenwood anticipates receiving a third-round tender of $628,000 from the Dolphins next week.

That's the only mention of it in the article.

LINK

Anyway, I think that the "third-round tender" part is a little misleading. In essence, the Dolphins would be giving Greenwood the MINIMUM tender offer, which ensures that if said player leaves, his old team is owed a draft pick equal to the round in which he was drafted.

Since Greenwood was drafted in the third round, that's what we would be owed.

Anyway, I think this is a good move (if it indeed happens that way). I think Greenwood had a nice season and we'll be getting him back cheap.

No one would give up a 3rd for him anyway.
It'll be good to have him back.
I wonder if Eddie Moore will beat him out for the starting job.....

Last edited by a moderator:
If he stays great but if he goes another 3rd round pick in a very deep draft.Im salivating over some LB's like Lehman that will still be there in the 3rd cause we need a future middle or backup to Zach.Did you see how many blown plays Hendricks had against Tenessee?He's a great special teams guy but a pathetic backup at LB

You mean, "no one would give up a 3rd". :tongue:

Anyway, I agree. It'll be nice having him back. I doubt that Eddie Moore will beat him out, since he will essentially be a rookie coming off injury. But ether way, I expect Eddie Moore to be largely involved this year. I envision him as a defensive version of the "third down back" or the "change of pace" back. I also expect to see him on special teams.

It's sad that Im a SEC guy and know nothing about Eddie Moore.Is he more of a blitz or cover guy?

I don't like triple-sec.

Straight bourbon for me please.

Since we let Fletcher gone(nice pick Wanny)I sure hope that Moore can actually do something for this team this coming season. I actually think that Jenkins might turn out to be a better player in the end.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by finregime
It's sad that Im a SEC guy and know nothing about Eddie Moore.Is he more of a blitz or cover guy?
ive seen every game eddie has played in college. and he is more of a cover linebacker than anything. and that is what we will need considering the style of offense the pats and bills play with all those 4 and 5 wide sets.

i live in tennessee. the thing i most remember about moore is that he was a great athelete. he has great speed and is a hard hitter. when he was in high school, he had a game that our paper ranked this year as a top 10 all time in our part of tennesee. he rushed the ball 45 times for like 300 something yards.

Originally posted by finregime
If he stays great but if he goes another 3rd round pick in a very deep draft.Im salivating over some LB's like Lehman that will still be there in the 3rd cause we need a future middle or backup to Zach.Did you see how many blown plays Hendricks had against Tenessee?He's a great special teams guy but a pathetic backup at LB

Sorry man but we have to move UP from the 3rd to get Lehman.He would be a excellent fit at WLB.

I am glad you seem to think "1 game" is enough to say Hendricks sucks.BTW he had 18 tackles in that game and he didnt play all that bad.

18 tackles cause our defense stayed on the field and its not the first time hes played for Zach that was just an example.Hes not an impact player which the MLB needs to be.

Lehman, I think, is a lot like fellow Big XII grad Dat Nguyen. A little undersized, but makes all the plays. He's probably a mid to late second round pick. But I could see him falling to the early third round.

Originally posted by Danny
Since we let Fletcher gone(nice pick Wanny)I sure hope that Moore can actually do something for this team this coming season. I actually think that Jenkins might turn out to be a better player in the end.

Ozzy rules!!
if eddies foot injury has healed and does not affect his carrer he will be a great player for us for many years to come. and will replace the old pro seau after he is gone im sure. jenkins will be a good player but he will not be a better player than moore. eddies coverage skills alone are far bettter than jenkins will ever be. nuff said!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom