Greenwood to get Citizenship | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greenwood to get Citizenship

Dolfan99847

Practice Squad
Reaction score
HOUSTON -- Houston Texans linebacker Morlon Greenwood will become a U.S. citizen on Thursday in Miami, joining 1,200 others in the citizenship ceremony.

Greenwood, of Kingston, Jamaica, grew up playing soccer and wasn't exposed to American football until the late 1980s, when his family moved to Freeport, N.Y., when he was 11.

Originally a defensive end, Greenwood had 10 sacks in two varsity seasons at Freeport High School to earn all-county and all-state honors and a scholarship to Syracuse University.

He was converted to linebacker in college and became a two-time All-Big East selection. A third-round selection in the 2001 draft, he played four seasons with the Miami Dolphins before signing with the Texans on March 3 as an unrestricted free agent.

Greenwood, 26, is the last of the 12 children in his family to become a U.S. citizen.

:missmeth:

Good for you Morlon.

Now you are officially an overpaid CITIZEN!

clear.gif

I guess he couldn't "Blow the skylines out of proportion," so he just settled for the Texan's salary cap instead.

DolphinDevil28 said:
I guess he couldn't "Blow the skylines out of proportion," so he just settled for the Texan's salary cap instead.
Ha Ha, I won that CD in a Dolphins Raffle, I play it only because he is a fellow Jamaican, have to sell it on e-Bay now!

Back
Top Bottom