Greg Blue in the 3rd or 4th? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greg Blue in the 3rd or 4th?

Miamifin23

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
A lot of mock's I'm seeing is us passing up on Greg Blue in the 3rd and 4th rds. This guy is a very very good football player. He's pretty strong and has pretty good speed at the S position. If we felt he would fall to us say in the 4th rd, I would love to see us draft a OLB/DE project in the 1st rd like Lawson or Wimbley. I think Blue in the 3rd or 4th would be a pretty good pick, what do you guys think?

Every time I think of him, I think of the really old guy from Old School and particularly to Ferrell shouting something like "You're my boy, Blue!"

I know that Bengals fans are in love with drafting him in the 3rd round.

Blue is more of an in-the-box type of safety and is somewhat of a liability in coverage. If Saban feels he can use that type of safety, spending a 3rd or 4th on him would be warranted.

I think that for Blue to have anychance at sucess in the NFl, he will have to play LB. He is simply terrible in coverage and has no ball skills.

Blue was a terrific college football player and a tremendous hitter, but how does he carry over to the next level is a huge question mark.

Back
Top Bottom