Greg Cote’s Week 3 NFL picks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greg Cote’s Week 3 NFL picks

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
283cote_dolphinsstandaloneprod_affiliate-1.jpg

FALCONS (1-1) AT DOLPHINS (2-0) Line: MIA by 2
Cote’s pick: MIA 24-20
TV: 4:05 p.m., FOX (airing in South Florida)
Atlanta is a better team overall but also is diminished, with RB Steven Jackson (thigh) out and WR Roddy White (high ankle sprain) not himself even if he does play. That levels the field and makes me lean Miami on the tailwind of the franchise’s 48th home opener — all of this presuming Ryan Tannehill will be OK after being limited in practice this week by a sore shoulder. Cornerback Brent Grimes, the seven-year ex-Falcon, versus excellent Julio Jones should be an individual duel worth watching. Also of note, Dolphins guard John Jerry vs. Falcons DT Peria Jerry in a Battle of Bros. (Hey, so it isn’t exactly Manning vs. Manning!) Keys will be Miami’s two lines, one putting pressure on Matt Ryan and the other keeping it off Tannehill. Dolphins not drafting Ryan No. 1 overall in 2008 has been fairly second-guessed, but that old ghost will largely disappear if Tannehill can best Ryan head-to-head here and lift Miami to its first 3-0 bustout since 2002. With admittedly modest confidence, I’m betting it happens.

I was feeling okay about this game until I saw we'll likely be without Clemons this week. The Falcons love to go over the top and Jimmy will have to be very disciplined this week for us to win this game.

Back
Top Bottom