Greg Joseph; Jason Sanders - Kickers... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greg Joseph; Jason Sanders - Kickers...

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Here we have (potentially) a very competitive battle going into the preseason. Your thoughts?

Greg Joseph, FAU - played four years at FAU, finishing his college career as the school’s record hold in points (336), field goals (57), and extra points (165). He converted 71.4 percent of his field goals in each of his last two seasons.

______

Jason Sanders, New Mexico - connected on 25 of his 35 career attempts in college, with a career-long of 53 yards.

One we spent a draft pick on and was supposedly hand picked by Rizzi..

Unless Joseph just completely dominates him in training camp, there is no competition, Sanders will be the starter week 1

I almost wish we didn't spend that draft pick on Sanders... think there would be less overall pressure on him and also more overall competition at training camp...heres to hoping he works out well for us

One we spent a draft pick on and was supposedly hand picked by Rizzi..

Unless Joseph just completely dominates him in training camp, there is no competition, Sanders will be the starter week 1

Absolutely!

Don't care how far Sanders can kick it in the wrong direction, keep the one that is most accurate

The coaches apparently said the competition was even early on, but If OTAs were any indicator, this isn't going to be much of a competition. There's a reason Sanders was drafted over Piniero from Florida - I can't remember the narrative, specifically, but there was something Rizzi really liked about him.

I hope he's right.

The coaches apparently said the competition was even early on, but If OTAs were any indicator, this isn't going to be much of a competition. There's a reason Sanders was drafted over Piniero from Florida - I can't remember the narrative, specifically, but there was something Rizzi really liked about him.

I hope he's right.

EH, theres a reason Alex Smith was drafted over Aaron Rodgers. A bad one, but a reason. Pick the kicker that hits the best kicks in preseason

Didnt rizzi work out Sanders or have him in. Maybe....just maybe DR found and had JS tweak something a little on the field and saw holy crap look at what we have here. Cant believe ur coaches have missed this one little flaw ur entire college career. It seems like JS is the anti Fitz with a handful already overly hating him for no reason in every post mentioning him. Hate him after he misses a chop shot to cost the game, not just cause he wasnt a 90% accurate kicker in college

Well most college football programs don’t have special teams coaches it is usually handle by one of the other coaches, so I think he really did not get great coaching in college same with Joseph

They brought him in because he has a huge leg. Look at his touch back percentage. You can’t teach that. He missed kicks at New Mexico, but Rizzi believes that he had a bad holder/long snapper or at least not NFL quality.

Parkey looks like a big loss. Big shoes to fill. Right now on the outside the kicker position looks weak almost like the DT position. Let the surprises begin.

Still pining for pineiro personally in that draft spot

Hopefully sanders works out well. Won’t have any faith in him until he proves he deserves it

Just because there's a competition doesn't mean the winner will be good enough. I just hope we don't lose some heartbreakers during the season because of the kicking situation a la SD last season.

Back
Top Bottom