Gretzky recorded on wiretap | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gretzky recorded on wiretap

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Wayne Gretzky was recorded on a wiretap talking to the alleged financier of a gambling ring, discussing how the hockey great's wife could avoid being implicated, a person with knowledge of the investigation told The Associated Press on Thursday.

Gretzky, coach and part-owner of the Phoenix Coyotes, can be heard on wiretaps made within the past month talking about his wife with assistant coach Rick Tocchet, the person said, speaking on the condition of anonymity because the investigation was ongoing.

After Phoenix's game on Thursday night, Gretzky did not take questions or talk about the wire taps during a brief news conference. He reiterated that he had never bet and said he planned to stay with the Coyotes and attend the Turin Olympics as Team Canada's executive director.

"I'm still going to coach the Phoenix Coyotes. I've done nothing wrong," he said after the Coyotes' 5-1 loss to Dallas in Glendale, Ariz. "I'm going to Italy on Sunday. I'm going to be with Team Canada."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/hockey/nhl/02/09/gambling.probe/index.html

Back
Top Bottom