Griese is not the answer right now | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Griese is not the answer right now

Chambers34Phins

Practice Squad
Reaction score
With the way the oline is playing right now Griese is not the answer. IF the oline starts to do better, and Jay is still not preforming, bring in Griese.

But with the way the oline is playing, then Griese is going to get pressured and hit all day long, and he has a lot of trouble holding onto the ball, I mean look at how many fumbled this guy has had over the years. Griese could be the answer, but if and only if the oline comes together. Bring Griese in now, and he is going to have some serious problems, because he is going to face a lot pressure, the kind you can't duplicate in practice.

no QB in the NFL past or present is the answer. the predictable play calling is.

anyone remember marino struggled, when his offense was stripped into a conservative running offense? whats different about that then and now?

Griese is definitly NOT the answer. he wasent good in Denver except for 1 year, after his shoulder injury he has not been the same. 2nd he has been out for about 6 to 7 weeks, so he has some physical rust from not playing, and its not just him even mike vick will have it, in football when you miss that much time its hard to just come back in be in a rhythem. remember fielder last year, he was playing great up to the denver game when he got hurt, once he came back after 6 weeks he was completly out of sink and didnt play well. so Griese has physical rush. but even more important he has mental rust, he does not know this offense well enough to perform at a high level, he only played 3 preseason games in it, and then has been hurt for 6 weeks, yes im sure over those 6 weeks he has been studying the playbooks and watching films but unless your on the field in game or practices situations you cannot get a good feel, and when your sitting on the side during practice im sure his head isnt 100% into paying attension your mind wanders and you get bored when your not involved. So Griese is not the answer for mentall and physical reasons, i would much rather see Sage Rosenfield get in cause at least like everyone else on the offense he to is in his second year in Norv's system

Your talking to a guy that doesn't want to see Griese in there. I think Jay is catching a lot of heat he shouldn't be.

Honestly, I would put neither of those int's on him. The first int was chambers fault, he bobbled it into the defenders hands. And then on the second one the throw was short.... yes. But Chambers made absolutely no play on the ball like he should be. He just watched it get picked off, when what he should have done was at the least swatted it, and he even could have caught it had he made any play on the ball

Originally posted by i2panzer
no QB in the NFL past or present is the answer. the predictable play calling is.

anyone remember marino struggled, when his offense was stripped into a conservative running offense? whats different about that then and now?

Anyone remember when the offense ran the ball on 65% of the 1st down plays and had their top back gain 1850 yards? Whats the difference about that then and now?

Fiedler does not make defense pay that is what.

Originally posted by Jaj
Fiedler does not make defense pay that is what.

Its the same QB running the same offense. The post that I replied to claimed no QB would make a difference because of the predictable play calling. We are running the same % of 1st down running plays as last year.

Everyone seemed to love this OC last year.

Its not the same QB. The one running last year's offense at the beginning of the year was good. He made the Pats pay last season at home. This one...

Originally posted by Jaj
Its not the same QB. The one running last year's offense at the beginning of the year was good. He made the Pats pay last season at home. This one...
...sucks:lol:

I doubt Brian is the answer, but on the other hand it could be the only solution that could save us. Lets face it out o-line isn't getting any better, and our play calling will always suck. The only chance we have is a QB that can hit the 3-5 deep passes a game Norv calls. It is alot like occum's razor. The simplest answer is our only chance. We have a serious threat at WR in Chambers, we have a budding superstar at TE, and Thompson looked good last week. A back up QB is a lot more of a simple answer than 5 new o-lineman or a new OC.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
...sucks:lol:

Your thread on Griese was the best post that I've seen on here about this issue.. :up:

If BG is not the answer then what in the he!! is jay? He doesn't look like the answer either!! We need to find the ANSWER NOW! This O is getting VERY OLD!!!

There is no answer at the qb position that we have. We just have to work with what we have, and we need the oline to come together as a unit so that what we have can do a little something.

Hopefully we draft a qb this year, send a package deal to a team for a higher up draft pick or something.

Wouldn't you at least like to see what BG brings to the table in this O with norv? I do agree we need to get or draft a QB better suited for this O!

Back
Top Bottom