Griese is not the answer right now | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Griese is not the answer right now

I would like to see what Griese can do if the oline starts to play better. With the way they are playing now, its going to be a very ugly thing to see griese in there, even worse then fiedler. Griese has trouble holding onto the ball at times, and that is not a good combination to have.

I've seen it posted here before...

...it would be a real shame to waste RW34's talents by not giving him the counterfoil of a good passing game (DM13 and all that). But you're not going to get a blue chip QB anywhere but in the draft and that puts it 2 years away from being a solution.

Meantime, the O-line is not working particularly well on either pass or run and the receiving corps are being pretty anonymous themselves (CC84's fumble in particular). None of these problems are going to be solved from an outside source during the course of the season. As such, I have to guess from the fact that Fiedler has not been replaced as starter that Griese hasn't been all that in practice/pre-season and nor for that matter has Rosenfels. The coaches are seing them day-in day-out and we're not.

Maybe Konrad and Dixon coming back will help improve the line and make both RW34 and JF9 look a bit better?

If he's fit, I still see him being the starter. Watching him lead the Fins on Sunday was frustrating to be sure, but that Ray Lucas episode last year makes me hope we don't need to go to the backup, even though I do wonder whether Jay is the QB he was before the thumb injury last year (but in the Denver game he led the O for the FG which OM10 made, same leadership against the Pats brought a different result).

I'm not decided on Jay, but I have no great desire to find out whether Griese is a big difference maker.

And for a backup, why is it everyone is selling BG14 shirts and I can't get a RMcM81 shirt for love nor money?

Why not use the injury to Fiedler to start Griese? What could it hurt?

The coaches could bring Fielder off the bench if Greise struggles. Let Griese run the opening script to start the game and see if he can hit a deep ball or at least be more accurate in the passing game. If he throws an int or looks bad bring back Jay and everyone is happy. There are no more questions about who should start and the team could unite behind Fielder.

Or.... Griese plays well and he takes over the starting role and we win some games.

If griese struggles, and Miami is down 14 points by the time Fiedler gets in, they won't be able to come back most likely with the way the offense is playing. So it is not a good idea to bring Griese in right now.

Back
Top Bottom