Griese, Seau, Fletcher have improved from last showing......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Griese, Seau, Fletcher have improved from last showing.........

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
His latency in respect to how the offense is engineered has decreased and he is showing he can be a great player in this offense. His reaction time needs to increase but it happens every now and then when someone learns a new offense. He's connecting with receivers and is doing a good job at it without turning the ball over.

Seau was a monster today, he was out there tackling and everything. The thing that amazes me about seau is like always. Seau knows most of thetime, what the offense is going to do. He's really got some football radars and this isn't new to me or most of you that has watch this great player play in the last couple of years. Physically Seau is fine, we been watching a beat up seau in the past weeks, a beat up seau coming from some hard training camp work and off season conditioning.

Fletcher maintained Price today most of the game and did a good job to disrupt atlantas passing game. Price scored when he was moved to the third weak slot to run and fake in the inside and go outside. It was a great play called by Dan reeves.

Fletcher had a rough day, he wasn't on Price most of the time it was Madison to my knowledge. He was on Finneran who made him look silly on a number of plays. Fletcher was actually taken out at one point in favor of TBuck.

Originally posted by juniorseau55
His latency in respect to how the offense is engineered has decreased and he is showing he can be a great player in this offense. His reaction time needs to increase but it happens every now and then when someone learns a new offense. He's connecting with receivers and is doing a good job at it without turning the ball over.

Seau was a monster today, he was out there tackling and everything. The thing that amazes me about seau is like always. Seau knows most of thetime, what the offense is going to do. He's really got some football radars and this isn't new to me or most of you that has watch this great player play in the last couple of years. Physically Seau is fine, we been watching a beat up seau in the past weeks, a beat up seau coming from some hard training camp work and off season conditioning.

Fletcher maintained Price today most of the game and did a good job to disrupt atlantas passing game. Price scored when he was moved to the third weak slot to run and fake in the inside and go outside. It was a great play called by Dan reeves.

Agreed on Griese.... although it was very dissapointing to have him in on only one series. He suffered in his growth process by not making it back into the game.

Seau is coming along nicely

Fletcher....
got to disagree with you there. I was at the game and for as many plays he was beat and the ball was thrown his way, he was beat just as many times when the ball wasn't thrown his way. He had a disaster of a night.
He has made NO improvement IMO. He looks like the Fletcher of old. The Falcons put a target on him and rightly so. They made him look so bad for 2 series in a row that he was pulled and T-buck spelled him.
Anytime Fletcher is in a game this year, the opposing team will go right at him... count on it.

Fletcher was replacing surtain which he plays in the strong side. He was giving price a harder time that you think still. He didn't had a horrible game at all. He was covering price for most of the game and t-buck came in for nickel packages. I believe we were on nickel when tbuck made the interception. That time price was playing on a three wide receiver set with no fullback on the backfield. I am not positive fully on what kind of formation they were running but he was playing in a third receiver set on the third slot which was a play made just for him obviously. It was easy for tbuck to read that cause it made sense. It made sense to me that price was gonna be the first target on that play.

To be fair that long reception made by Finneran was just a good play by Wideout.Fletcher had good coverage and Finneran just use his size to his advantage.For the most part Fletcher did a good job.

Originally posted by juniorseau55
Fletcher was replacing surtain which he plays in the strong side. He was giving price a harder time that you think still. He didn't had a horrible game at all. He was covering price for most of the game and t-buck came in for nickel packages. I believe we were on nickel when tbuck made the interception. That time price was playing on a three wide receiver set with no fullback on the backfield. I am not positive fully on what kind of formation they were running but he was playing in a third receiver set on the third slot which was a play made just for him obviously. It was easy for tbuck to read that cause it made sense. It made sense to me that price was gonna be the first target on that play.

He didn't have a horrible game?
He was picked on 5 times in a string of I think 11 plays.
The offensive coordinator of the Falcons may disagree with you here.

Beyond that string of plays I was watching him specifically evertime he was in the game. He was beat away from the cameras as well let me assure you. Man on man cover skills are NOT his forte.

He will be targeted every time he is on the field. You heard it here.

Originally posted by minus
To be fair that long reception made by Finneran was just a good play by Wideout.Fletcher had good coverage and Finneran just use his size to his advantage.For the most part Fletcher did a good job.

Minus you may be right.
However, size is enough of a knock that some small players are not even ever given a chance to try out in the NFL let alone start. If you are small you have to be good enough to overcome that shortfall. If a player does not have the superior skills to overcome it, size is not an excuse, it is a reason to not be on the field. Fletch has a lot going against him and while some on this board may not agree, I think you'll see that many offensive coordinators do agree. I hope we find an alternate answer to at CB and write off a lost 1st round pick.

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Minus you may be right.
However, size is enough of a knock that some small players are not even ever given a chance to try out in the NFL let alone start. If you are small you have to be good enough to overcome that shortfall. If a player does not have the superior skills to overcome it, size is not an excuse, it is a reason to not be on the field. Fletch has a lot going against him and while some on this board may not agree, I think you'll see that many offensive coordinators do agree. I hope we find an alternate answer to at CB and write off a lost 1st round pick.

Let see Finneran only had 2 catches that included amaking a great catch that he adjusted to since by slowing down and using his height.The other catch he made was for 11 yards.Only two reception made by Finneran regardless the amount of times they were looking at Fletcher side.Of course Fletcher will be pick on more than Surtain and Madison and lets be honest,It doesn't matter who is the Nickel back because the opposing D will be looking his way more.Last year Fletcher had a good year believe it or not and it was his first year seeing significant action as the team nickel back.So far Fletcher has held his own in preseason and training camp.

I don't care about height advantage, a good CB does not allow the WR to make that play. Sorry, but if height advantage automatically gave you the ability to do that then we could go deep to Derrius Thompson all day and underthrow the ball each time and it would be caught. Bottom line is Finneran had Fletcher beat, which is why Fletcher was off-balance while the ball was arriving and he had no ability to try and break up the pass he just fell down Finneran's waste helplessly as Finneran made an easy catch. Fletcher ended up picked on a few other plays. He had a rough day...the Fletcher of old. Inconsistency is his M.O. though. I'm not giving up on him after just one preseason game. He's shown enough at other times during this preseason to give me hope for his future.

But as of right now I probably start Roundtree over Fletcher.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I don't care about height advantage, a good CB does not allow the WR to make that play. Sorry, but if height advantage automatically gave you the ability to do that then we could go deep to Derrius Thompson all day and underthrow the ball each time and it would be caught. Bottom line is Finneran had Fletcher beat, which is why Fletcher was off-balance while the ball was arriving and he had no ability to try and break up the pass he just fell down Finneran's waste helplessly as Finneran made an easy catch. Fletcher ended up picked on a few other plays. He had a rough day...the Fletcher of old. Inconsistency is his M.O. though. I'm not giving up on him after just one preseason game. He's shown enough at other times during this preseason to give me hope for his future.

But as of right now I probably start Roundtree over Fletcher.

Finneran had Fletcher beat?no.letcher actually had good coverage until he failed to position himslef better to try to break
up uderthrown ball(well more like a Jumball that was thrown little bit behind).Even if he would had reacted better to the play,it would have been tough play to get enough air to even make a play on a guy who has an advantage against any cb that is below 6'0 tall on the jumpball.Did Fletcher had a good game?Not really.Did he have horrible game like some of you are painting it to be? Nope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I'm pretty sure the receiver opposite Fletcher had almost 100 yards, whether that be Finneran or whoever, I'd say thats a pretty bad day. Fletcher failed to disrupt Finneran's route, failed to stay on top of Finneran, and got beaten to the point where he was falling as the ball arrived rather than in a position to make the play.

He...was...beaten...on...that...play.

There is no other way to put it.

We should try atleast some zone with Fletcher in it. See if he can do the job, is limited to zone, or is just quite plainly not good.

Disgusting. Some of you wouldn't be happy if Fletcher didn't have a single reception against him. You'd still find ways to nitpick on the guy.

Bottom Line:

B. Finneran 2 receptions for 42 yards
P Price 1 reception for 35 yards

That's their entire production. One pass that Madison completely blew and just froze on that Price one and that one pass to Finneran who made a GOOD play people. Fletcher was all over him and even got a hand in there. Finneran just made a damn good jump and grab using his 6'5" height to full advantage.

But hey if it was Surtain in these exact situations getting beat like that there wouldn't be a peep. Just like there isn't much of a peep about Madison completely getting stoned on that one play and even getting beat by a TE.

Nah lets just run that Fletcher bias into the ground.

Keep looking for perfection.........you'll never find it.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Fletcher had a rough day, he wasn't on Price most of the time it was Madison to my knowledge. He was on Finneran who made him look silly on a number of plays. Fletcher was actually taken out at one point in favor of TBuck.

Just as T-Buck was taken out last week at a certain point so was Fletcher this week.

It was nice to see how well T-Buck is playing though, good for him. T-Buck is one of my all-time FAV Dolphin players. I wish Freeman would give T-Buck his # back! :fire:

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom