Griese, Seau, Fletcher have improved from last showing......... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Griese, Seau, Fletcher have improved from last showing.........

Originally posted by minus
To be fair that long reception made by Finneran was just a good play by Wideout.Fletcher had good coverage and Finneran just use his size to his advantage.For the most part Fletcher did a good job.

I agree.

Finneran is 6'5", I promise you Madison would have allowed a TD on that play.

Fletcher was in perfect position, Finneran used his size to adjust to an under thrown ball. Great play by Finneran, good play by Fletcher.

WR's are paid serious $ as well. :D

Oliver...

I'm not blaming Fletcher for that Finneran catch.

Talking about a guy last year who had 56 catches for 838 yards. The guy went up and he made the tough catch on an under thrown ball with Fletcher all over him. Do any of you see Madison/Surtain or Buckley having made a difference on that one?

Also I'm pretty sure Fletcher was matched up on Price because I'm sure I saw him to the right a few times and Madison plays exclusively to the left side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by ckparrothead
I don't care about height advantage, a good CB does not allow the WR to make that play. Sorry, but if height advantage automatically gave you the ability to do that then we could go deep to Derrius Thompson all day and underthrow the ball each time and it would be caught. Bottom line is Finneran had Fletcher beat, which is why Fletcher was off-balance while the ball was arriving and he had no ability to try and break up the pass he just fell down Finneran's waste helplessly as Finneran made an easy catch. Fletcher ended up picked on a few other plays. He had a rough day...the Fletcher of old. Inconsistency is his M.O. though. I'm not giving up on him after just one preseason game. He's shown enough at other times during this preseason to give me hope for his future.

But as of right now I probably start Roundtree over Fletcher.

This is silly!

You may not care about size advantage, but I promise you everyone else does. Finneran made a GREAT play, they get paid as well you know.

Oliver...

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Disgusting. Some of you wouldn't be happy if Fletcher didn't have a single reception against him. You'd still find ways to nitpick on the guy.

Bottom Line:

B. Finneran 2 receptions for 42 yards
P Price 1 reception for 35 yards

That's their entire production. One pass that Madison completely blew and just froze on that Price one and that one pass to Finneran who made a GOOD play people. Fletcher was all over him and even got a hand in there. Finneran just made a damn good jump and grab using his 6'5" height to full advantage.

But hey if it was Surtain in these exact situations getting beat like that there wouldn't be a peep. Just like there isn't much of a peep about Madison completely getting stoned on that one play and even getting beat by a TE.

Nah lets just run that Fletcher bias into the ground.

Keep looking for perfection.........you'll never find it.

Man you aren't kidding!

Oliver...

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Disgusting. Some of you wouldn't be happy if Fletcher didn't have a single reception against him. You'd still find ways to nitpick on the guy.

Bottom Line:

B. Finneran 2 receptions for 42 yards
P Price 1 reception for 35 yards

That's their entire production. One pass that Madison completely blew and just froze on that Price one and that one pass to Finneran who made a GOOD play people. Fletcher was all over him and even got a hand in there. Finneran just made a damn good jump and grab using his 6'5" height to full advantage.

But hey if it was Surtain in these exact situations getting beat like that there wouldn't be a peep. Just like there isn't much of a peep about Madison completely getting stoned on that one play and even getting beat by a TE.

Nah lets just run that Fletcher bias into the ground.

Keep looking for perfection.........you'll never find it.

Owch...

I may not have said anything, but I was thinking it.

Your right man, and I consider myself duely (and rightfully) chastised. I was ticked off about those 2 plays and was ready to nail the goat Fletcher to the wall.... but yeah, your right, that was an outstanding play by Finneran, and Price just made a great move on a great call. Even Pat and Sam get beat on occasion.

I'm going to add my two cents here because I didn't see the game. I listened to the broadcast on QAM and Mad Dog was pretty hard on Fletcher during the sequence where they went after him. He said he didn't play the ball and had bad technique or something to that effect.

I'd like to give Fletcher the benefit of the doubt, but ask yourself why it is that they would go after the same guy over and over again if he was playing well.

Other than some great play, I've seen something that I've wanted to see for a long time from Seau (as a Dolphin), during this offseason/practices: intensity! I can't wait until he gets a QB head, that is, if he can share with Taylor, Ogunleye, and co.!

Fletcher has no place on this team. I really would be happier with the results of going back in time and trading that draft pick for a garbage can painted Dolphins colors. The can would probabaly wouldnt play 15 yards off a reciever constantly, and more then likely would give up only half the plays per game.

He doesnt deserve to be the dime guy. Let someone who can play man to man better then the level of "embarassingly" go out there. Blaming too much on Fletcher? Fletcher doesnt get enough blame. He gets it easy. Why did we demote guys who didnt pull their weight in Rodgers and Freeman, but we keep a guy who often starts pulling hard in the other direction?

Back
Top Bottom