Griese Will Crush Indy!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Griese Will Crush Indy!!!

i think you guys are all too in love with the feebler... why would you like that loser... I can't wait for him to go for good

Wow, apparently you read what you want to read. I lurk here more than post but the great thing I've noticed is that MOST Dolphin fans keep things in perspective.

I'm not trying to be rude here, but you are being very ignorant.

Griese played well against a piss poor secondary, and I won't be sold until Griese plays well against other teams on a consistant basis.

We all know Jay is not the answer for us, but Griese has a ways to go before gets my confidence.

You take Homerism to a whole new level.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Now with Griese we'll have long bombs and a great qb."

Well.. no, you'll never have long bombs with Griese. You better start praying if you see the ball fly more than 20 yards in the air if Brian threw it.. ;)

Brian gives you: Very accurate, short passes. Controlled game.. if he has excellent protection, he will excel.

What you don't have: A mobile QB, a playmaker or a scambler.

If he gets pressured, he will fold. Well, maybe he won't.. maybe the change of atmosphere will help him out! But that is what he did in Denver. Excellent football like you saw last night.. but only if he has the protection.

You saw Brian playing Brian football. He didn't throw any deep (accurately), he didn't scramble, he didn't roll out and make amazing plays. He doesn't do this. He sits in the pocket and makes very quick passes.. short passes, typically 3 to 7 yards, tho he tosses a 10 to 12 yarder now and then.

You protect him without fail.. he can do this all day. It will inflate his rating btw.. don't let that get to your head. That doesn't mean a lot come crunch time.

I myself want him to do well. I will be very interested to see how he does once he goes against a solid pass rush, or against a team that covers under and stops the short passing game.

BroncoFox

Originally posted by Blame It On Me
i think you guys are all too in love with the feebler... why would you like that loser... I can't wait for him to go for good

And on that note we can't wait for you to go for good also.
Buh Bye. :samurai: :

Like the enthusiasm. I too am a BIG BG supporter. I even brought my #14 jersey to the office today. However I am not ready to make him Marino. He should be the starter and can take this team all the way. Lets hope he does.:hail: :jawdrop:

Originally posted by Blame It On Me
muck - you seem like a nice guy but it sounds like you just love feebler so much you can't believe what you saw with your own eyes.

griese was great and will crush indy by 14. he'll throw for 350 with 3 tds and no ints. the offense couldn't block anyone with feebler because they know he's no good. with griese no one was anywhere near him.

how could we lose with an all-pro now throwing the ball. we'll throw deep and people will stop putting eight guys in the box and ricky will run like he did last year and we'll win easy.

it's ok muck.. we know you love feebler but he sux and griese showed him up tonight

Hey man, I think were all super excited about Griese's performance especially since he's not warmed up yet...but let's not forget what Fiedler has done for us. I as most of us on this board are not pro anyone just the best man for the job, we all root for the team. If I must state it then yes I would like to see Griese start against Indy.

I will probably double post since your comments look so savory for me to tear up...but I will be gentle, just do us a favor, realize you are stating your opinion unless you have factual evidence (speculating the future is not factual).

If you think the only reason Griese performed well against the Chargers was because it was a "set-up" I would like to know what drugs you are taking or what world you are living in?

DENIAL sucks, and I hope all you Fiedler-lovers can escape it quickly.:lol:

Re: Re: Re: Griese Will Crush Indy!!!

Originally posted by PatsFanTX

All you guys need to do is strategically place a few gin and tonics in the end zone and Griese will take it home all the time.

If that's all it takes we'll have the good stuff waiting for him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by KYPhinFan
If you think the only reason Griese performed well against the Chargers was because it was a "set-up" I would like to know what drugs you are taking or what world you are living in?

DENIAL sucks, and I hope all you Fiedler-lovers can escape it quickly.:lol:

You normally post at miamidolphins.com don't you??

Here's a stat for you Fiedler lovers to ponder:

In six games Jay threw 6 touchdowns... in one half of one game, Brian was halfway there. That's not just "Chargers had a weak secondary!", that's skill.

And no, I don't post at MiamiDolphins.com. I post here and at Big Dave's.

)
Originally posted by KYPhinFan
Here's a stat for you Fiedler lovers to ponder:

In six games Jay threw 6 touchdowns... in one half of one game, Brian was halfway there. That's not just "Chargers had a weak secondary!", that's skill.

And no, I don't post at MiamiDolphins.com. I post here and at Big Dave's.

KY (I can't believe I just called someone K Y :lol: :lol: )

Who is a Fiedler lover?? I think a lot of people who just start to post here read one thread and ASSume what they want.

Yes we like Fiedler Yes we like Griese they are our QB's. Is that to hard to fathom?? We are in agreement that Griese should get the start at Indy. It sounds to me that you are just posting to bicker.....

Originally posted by BroncoFox
"
You saw Brian playing Brian football. He didn't throw any deep (accurately)....He sits in the pocket and makes very quick passes.. short passes, typically 3 to 7 yards, tho he tosses a 10 to 12 yarder now and then.

Brian's long pass to Chambers was more than 12 yards (before the yac) and it was right on target hitting Chamber on the numbers in stride.... And the long one he threw down the sideline that Thompson dropped was at least 25 yards, and again, that pass was right on the money...

IMO the name Shannahan is Irish for "Spawn of Satan" and perhaps he was never truly comfortable with his surroundings in Denver... Comming here could have the "Ricky effect", meaning a fresh start in a new city (that happens to be his home), could all greatly benefit his play and drive...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nuh uh.. there is no way Brian becomes a sudden deep threat, it isn't going to happen. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that to happen. ;)

It had nothing to do with him being comfortable with fans or the coach. When he dropped back in a pass, the only thing on his mind was throwing the ball and avoid getting pummeled. Denver had plenty of talented receivers as well. He just can't throw a good long ball. Know how many tosses he had that were plus 30 yards in the air and a TD? In 4 years? 1. One pass.. that's it.

But like I said, it really shouldn't matter, Gannon proved that a short game CAN work. If he is protected, Brian can make 'em pay all day long!

One thing for certain, I have no idea how good Fielder is, I've only seen him play in a couple games. Brian really could be a nice improvement over him! If so, that's good for you. :)

I know how Brian plays tho, I didn't miss a single game he played while he was in Denver. Protect him like crazy, mix up a good dose of running, he will be fine.

Bronco Fox, You really, really, really hate Brian don't you? Where on earth did you come up with- "Know how many tosses he had that were plus 30 yards in the air and a TD? In 4 years? 1. One pass.. that's it."

Maybe you could explain to us how Brian has a better YPA EVERY Year AND for his career than the Present (out with an owie) QB of Denver, if he really can't make any long throws. Seems like, to read your posts, JP's YPA should be about triple those of Brian. NOT SO! Not even as good as..... heh heh heh.

You are beginning to come off as a spoil sport. Shanny made a terrible mistake. Now you are going to do your best to rain on the parade of those who took advantage of his mistake? Geez girl, I still have some of your derogatory posts about Brian from 2001. What's this "I defended Brian halfway through last year"??? When????

Maybe while you are making up 'stats' for Brian, you could take a good look at this new guy in Denver. So far he has faced 5 of the worst
Defenses in the NFL, won 4, with most of the credit belonging to Clinton Portis. Denver fans are really down on SB and DK. WHY? They faced much better Ds. SB won against Pitts with the #2 ranked D. Hate to tell you what JP would have been handed in that one. Probably why he and Shanny 'decided' he had an owie.

One last thing. Brian had 4, 300 yard passing games in a row last year. Are you saying he got those with 3-5 yard passes? Give me a break. (How many DAYS did each game take?) :) Before you come up with, his Receivers made the YAC, you should really go look at his Receiver's stats.

Back
Top Bottom