Ha Ha Tampa | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ha Ha Tampa

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
No Parcells for you! How funny is that? They had a good coach, but let him go so they could get Parcells, they had another good coach wanting the job in Spurrier, but gave him no attention since they had Parcells, but no they don't have him. I actully think it was a ploy by Bill to screw w/Keyshawn a little more.

Serves em Right

They put the major screws to Dungy thinking they would get a bigger, more attractive prize and in turn get stuck dateless to the Dance.. No Parcells, No Spurrier and No Dungy... Looks like this cursed franchise always manages a way to curse themselves.. Remember the old saying "The Grass isn't always greener on the other side".

After everyone saying Parcells was going there, I think it is funny that he decided not too. But now he isn't backstabbing the Jets, so in that sense, he should of gone.

I saw that on ESPN after I got home from dinner tonight. ROTFLMAO:lol:

After what they did to Dungy, it just has a sort of sweetness to it.

In a perfect world....

Dungy would go to the Panthers, whoops Tampa Bay's a$$ twice a year every season he coaches the Panthers, and leads them to two-three Super Bowls, while the Bucs return to their typical pre Dungy losing ways, and come no closer to the Super Bowl than my High School Alma Mater.

My Mom is a diehard Bucs fan since 1976 and she was laughing her ass off because she liked Dungy. I liked him too.

:monkey: Glazer family :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dungy was cool

He was a real mellow guy and seemed to be really honest. Never lost his patience either. Guess it wasnt' the kind of coach Tampa Bay needed. Good luck Tony!:D

The Bucs were idiots for what they did to Dungy. The press overrated the team year by year and Dungy was expected to do a lot with a team that doesn't have a great offense. He will probably go to Indy, which is fine with me since they are out of our division. If he went there, their defense wouldn't be so bad and they would still have a great offense and he would be in the running for coach of the year.

If Dungy went to Indy and gave them a defense like the Bucs HAD, there is no doubt in my mind that he would follow in the tradition of Doug Williams, Steve young and Trent Dilfer ie., guys that have gone to the Superbowl after LEAVING Tampa.

InFINSible is right. There must be some sort of curse on Tampa. :rolleyes: Ordinary players go into Tampa and become superstars after they have left Tampa. I can remember it as far back as Doug Williams.

The headline of today's Orlando Sentinel Sports section reads:

"Parcells jilts Bucs" :lol: :lol: :lol:

"I just want to stay retired," Parcells told CNNSI.com Friday night from his home in Sea Girt, N.J. "I hope that convinces everybody that I'm not coming back. Because I'm not. This is it. I'm staying retired. The demands of the job and what it takes for me to succeed were just too much." This is the second time in a little more than 10 years that Parcells has spurned the Bucs. In late December 1991, Parcells had a handshake agreement with former owner Hugh Culverhouse but backed out minutes before a news conference announcing his arrival. That episode prompted Culverhouse to utter, "I feel as though I've been left at the altar." Current Bucs owner Malcolm Glazer and his sons now can relate.
BUT.................

Maybe Gruden or Johnson??? :confused:

Of the names that surely will surface in the coming days, Oakland Raiders Coach Jon Gruden will be the most attractive. Gruden will lead the Raiders into Foxboro, Mass., tonight to face the New England Patriots in an AFC divisional playoff game. Gruden's parents live in Clearwater, and his dad is a former Bucs assistant. Other names that will come up are former Dallas Cowboys and Miami Dolphins coach Jimmy Johnson (retired in South Florida), former Washington Redskins coach Marty Schottenheimer (fired Sunday), LSU Coach Nick Saban (fresh ink on a new contract) and Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak.

I am wondering if Parcells decided not to coach again because he could be selected for induction into the Hall of Fame this year. Would it make him ineligible if he came out of retirement? What do you guys think???

Originally posted by miadphan13
InFINSible is right. There must be some sort of curse on Tampa. :rolleyes: Ordinary players go into Tampa and become superstars after they have left Tampa. I can remember it as far back as Doug Williams.

The headline of today's Orlando Sentinel Sports section reads:

"Parcells jilts Bucs" :lol: :lol: :lol:

BUT.................

Maybe Gruden or Johnson??? :confused:

I am wondering if Parcells decided not to coach again because he could be selected for induction into the Hall of Fame this year. Would it make him ineligible if he came out of retirement? What do you guys think???

If I recall correctly, Parcells would still be eligible for induction into the hall if he comes out of retirement. But don't quote me on it though. It's a good point that you brought up though.;) I personally believe that the Bucs really shot themselves in the foot on this one. :lol: There's only a select few candidates with any head coaching experience available. Jim "Playoffs, Playoffs?" Mora is available. Hey, maybe the Bucs will try to hound the Nascar circuit to try and lure Joe Gibbs back into coaching.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom