HaHa - More Finheaven Hysteria, more doom Mongering | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

HaHa - More Finheaven Hysteria, more doom Mongering

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Less than 6 hours after I put in a post about the doom mongers on this site, all of a sudden, because of Joel Collier's illness and Chris Foerster's promotion, people are crying blue murder. They haven't heard of Foerster, they think he must work for Subway or Taco Bell. They are scared because they don't know him and what he has done. People are slagging the front office off because of this and saying that the rest of the AFC East is laughing at us.

WHEN WILL YOU PEOPLE LEARN???????????????

It's hilarious watching the handbag flying amongst some of you. Foerster comes to the Dolphins as a solid position coach. Being a lover of high powered offense, I know Foerster's work well - he worked in tandem with Denny Green in Minnesota when the Vikes had the league's number one offense and he was key in Indy's offense with Tom Moore. Moore and Dungy think he's a stud coach and he was responsible for Marcus Pollard being one of the league's best. The philosophy of the offense isn't going to change at all - we will still air it out, we will still run it hard. I don't see any problem here, especially as we have Trestman and Sullivan on board. It's all good. The reason that neither Jerry or Marc moved up is simple - they are needed elsewhere for more important jobs - Marc to take charge of the QB's - a job we sorely need and Jerry to do what he does better than anyone in the league - coach our receivers. This was a solid move by Dave. He filled the gap and kept 2 need positions with their strongest guys.

Bernie Parmalee will be fine - he understands the fundamentals of football. He knows about blocking. He always had beautiful hands. He knows about running routes. He played a sort of hybrid H-Back when he was a player with us. He's also very well thought of, not only in Miami. The guy will be a co-ordinator down the line.

The biggest issue is Collier and his health. I have just spoken to a journalist at the PBP who said that Collier will likely not be around too much because of the illness. She didn't say what it was as she doesn't know. We both assume that he may have some form of ME or maybe even had a cancer scare. I hope that as Dolfans we come together and hope he's better rather than assuming there's some sort of behind the scenes situation.

But please, quit the doom mongering. Chris will be just fine. The philosophy stays the same.

This doom and gloom stuff is frankly pathetic.

There have been a lot of negatives to go with the positives of this offseason. I was really looking forward to Collier.

Boomer said:
Less than 6 hours after I put in a post about the doom mongers on this site, all of a sudden, because of Joel Collier's illness and Chris Foerster's promotion, people are crying blue murder. They haven't heard of Foerster, they think he must work for Subway or Taco Bell. They are scared because they don't know him and what he has done. People are slagging the front office off because of this and saying that the rest of the AFC East is laughing at us.

It's hilarious watching the handbag flying amongst some of you. Foerster comes to the Dolphins as a solid position coach. Being a lover of high powered offense, I know Foerster's work well - he worked in tandem with Denny Green in Minnesota when the Vikes had the league's number one offense and he was key in Indy's offense with Tom Moore. Moore and Dungy think he's a stud coach and he was responsible for Marcus Pollard being one of the league's best. The philosophy of the offense isn't going to change at all - we will still air it out, we will still run it hard. I don't see any problem here, especially as we have Trestman and Sullivan on board. It's all good. The reason that neither Jerry or Marc moved up is simple - they are needed elsewhere for more important jobs - Marc to take charge of the QB's - a job we sorely need and Jerry to do what he does better than anyone in the league - coach our receivers. This was a solid move by Dave. He filled the gap and kept 2 need positions with their strongest guys.

Bernie Parmalee will be fine - he understands the fundamentals of football. He knows about blocking. He always had beautiful hands. He knows about running routes. He played a sort of hybrid H-Back when he was a player with us. He's also very well thought of, not only in Miami. The guy will be a co-ordinator down the line.

The biggest issue is Collier and his health. I have just spoken to a journalist at the PBP who said that Collier will likely not be around too much because of the illness. She didn't say what it was as she doesn't know. We both assume that he may have some form of ME or maybe even had a cancer scare. I hope that as Dolfans we come together and hope he's better rather than assuming there's some sort of behind the scenes situation.

But please, quit the doom mongering. Chris will be just fine. The philosophy stays the same.

so true..........so obviously true

I was looking forward to Collier too, but in truth, there will be no difference.

Boomer said:

Ya, looking at Foerster's resume, it's not like we just grabbed some schmoe and tried to pass him off as a capable coach. It sounds like he was going to get this kind of job somewhere, it was just a matter of time. I'm sure he didn't want to get it like this, but he should do well all the same.

I'm looking around for all the doom and gloom threads of which you speak...any links?

Not that i don't agree with your basic premise but, the doom and gloom aspect is being blown way out of proportion on this matter.

yes, when the news first came out, there were a few of us, with tongue planted firmly in cheek, that were cracking the standard issue doom and gloom one-liners but, I assure you that it was all in fun while we were each searching for news on the new guy.

There were a few posters who obviously took our levity as serious talk, I guess they didn't see the humor in the situation as much as the ones they accused of taking it too seriously.

inFINSible said:
I'm looking around for all the doom and gloom threads of which you speak...any links?

Not that i don't agree with your basic premise but, the doom and gloom aspect is being blown way out of proportion on this matter.

yes, when the news first came out, there were a few of us, with tongue planted firmly in cheek, that were cracking the standard doom and gloom issue one-liners but, I assure you that it was all in fun while we were each searching for news on the new guy.

There were a few posters who obviously took our levity as serious talk, I guess they didn't see the humor in the situation as much as the ones they accused of taking it too seriously.

Are u serious???

Boomer said:

I hope Collier is ok , nice post

TheBostonBomber said:
Are u serious???
Yes, I'm serious....JimmyJames and BigFinFan will both back me up on that.....is that what you mean?

We obviously can't speak for everybody, but I'm pretty sure that the three of us were joking. I'd like to think that the guy who talked about us picking 5th in next year's draft was as well if that wasn't one of you guys.

I don't love this move, but the team is doing what it hopes will make them lemonade. If it doesn't work, we'll have plenty of time to blast them next January. I don't love having a rookie OC, but that's where we were this morning before this news broke. I do agree with the reasoning that the new guy had to have been at best the #2 option or else he would have had the job in the first place, but I'd far rather be here than to be in a position where we have one decent QB who had his groin torn of his bone. That's at least 1 team we're better off than. ;)

The real issue....

Boy, ain't that the truth. Compared to football, as much as I love it, a person's health and well being tower over football. Good thoughts, Boomer, and right on the money.

inFINSible said:
Yes, I'm serious....JimmyJames and BigFinFan will both back me up on that.....is that what you mean?

not really u guys in particular.........just alot of fans in general have knee jerk reactions to news.

It's tough to really know what to make of Collier's health, but I do wish him well. For all we know, this could be a mental health sort of issue, a disease, a chronic condition, or even a trumped up excuse. It's not our right to know, and I respect his decision to keep it private.

:up: :up: :up: Boom! There's nothing like fighting the GOOD fight my friend!

Oliver...

TheBostonBomber said:
not really u guys in particular.........just alot of fans in general have knee jerk reactions to news.
That's true but it hasn't been near as bad with this as it has with a lot of the other things that have happened....JMO... :cool:

Back
Top Bottom