Haley, Freeman up for grabs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Haley, Freeman up for grabs

Steve Mo

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Haley, Freeman up for grabs

Restricted free agents Arturo Freeman and Jermaine Haley have until today to sign offer sheets with another team or else the Dolphins will retain their rights for 2003.

Of the two, Haley has the better chance of signing an offer sheet with Green Bay or New England, his most ardent pursuers. Freeman received some interest from Washington and New Orleans, but those opportunities dried up when the Redskins acquired Chad Morton and gave up a fifth-round pick to the New York Jets, and when the Saints traded for New England's Tebucky Jones. Freeman and Haley's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, has submitted contract proposals to the Dolphins for both players. Dave Wannstedt said safety remains one of the team's bigger needs, but Sammy Knight appears to cost too much. It's possible they could take a safety in the April 26-27 draf

I don't like the sound of drafting a safety in the draft if we can possibly sign Sammy Knight. I am really surprised he is still on the market. Anyone know what is asking price is? If it is somewhat reasonable, I would think he would have been signed already.

It isn;t reasonable...he wants 3 mil and we have not even asked him to sign a contract...I think we should at least give him a league minimum contract...and see if he signs...doubt it but we have a better chance then not asking him iat all. I think MIAMI is waiting for after draft to see if anyone will sign him and if not that will make him desperate and he will sign with a team for cheaper...anyway they are doing it they are keeping their poker hand all ot themselves.

Back
Top Bottom