Hall Of Fame | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hall Of Fame

PhinSoldia

Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making
Reaction score
I dont mean to get off Phin topics but is there anybody out there other than me that believes that Barry Saunders doesnt earn a damn thing for walking out on the lions when he could have given them 5 or 6 more years? I don't remember everything around his retirement, but really I just dont respect people who walk out on thier teams in thier prime. I didnt respect when MJ did it the first time to play Double A ball(granted he just gave Chicago 3 championships and wanted to try something different, so thats understandable, and then Ricky Walks out on Miami, i just cant respect men like that therefore i dont respect Saunders being in the Hall

what??? He didn't walk out on them... he finished his contract and declined to renew. He'd played a lot of years and it was taking a toll on his body. He wanted to win the SB but the team was making no strides to get any better - no SB ring was imminent so he decided to retire while he still had his health.

I respect him and he's a great player.

Ricky, on the other hand, is a whole different set of circumstances.. you can't even compare the two.

Sanders = class
Ricky = dirtbag

ok thats understandable, like i said i didnt know much about it, but dont you think he had alot of years left to contribute and 2 what was the REAL reason he didnt

PhinSoldia said:
I dont mean to get off Phin topics but is there anybody out there other than me that believes that Barry Saunders doesnt earn a damn thing for walking out on the lions when he could have given them 5 or 6 more years? I don't remember everything around his retirement, but really I just dont respect people who walk out on thier teams in thier prime. I didnt respect when MJ did it the first time to play Double A ball(granted he just gave Chicago 3 championships and wanted to try something different, so thats understandable, and then Ricky Walks out on Miami, i just cant respect men like that therefore i dont respect Saunders being in the Hall
Here is the story on Barry. Barry has this little problem. He likes to father children around the country each with a different female friend. Well, he kept this very quiet for a very long time. Then, the Detroit media started picking these stories up and found a trend. Barry, was humiliated by this, told the Detroit media to back off. Well, that wasn't going to happen. Combine that with the fact the Lions SUCKED at this point in time, and Barry just retired. And the Detroit media backed off since.......a) Him leaving was a bigger story. b) He was no longer a public figure and this story about him fathering children was no longer an issue.

But, to Barry's credit he did give the Lions more notice than Ricky did.

Back
Top Bottom