Hammerin' Hank says 'Phins are uptight | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hammerin' Hank says 'Phins are uptight

Golphindolphin

town drunk
Club Member
Reaction score
Gotta love the way he phrases it-

"I went out to Dolphin's Camp today and interviewed some of the guys, and they were putting on happy faces and getting ready for the Jets. But consider this about the Dolphins: For the first time in 12 years they lost their first home game. They've been beaten in the month of September after ten straight wins in September. The last team to beat them in September is the Jets. They're going into a place that they haven't won in the last 5 trips. Here's the skinny, the A-material on what's going on at Camp. The sphincter muscles are tightening up. Everybody in that lockeroom from what I understand, including the administrative people, the management, the coaches, all uptight. "

http://www.wqam.com/cgi-bin/navobjs?template=template.htm&recno=181&template=template.htm&id=1

I think that the Phins are pretty evenly matched with the jets (without Pennington) and the winless streak against the jets was broken last year so that is no longer an issue. If however, the Phins manage to lose to the jets I believe they will surprise both the Giants and the Bills.

The edge, according to covers.com goes to the Jets. They only give Miami the edge in defense.

Go figure.

It's going to be a LOOOOOOOOONG year.

There is just something at the meadowlands we can't seem to fix, just like playing in december. I feel if we go to ny and win then a domino effect might take place. Wishful thinking on my part.

Remember the Jets went 1-4 and came back to win the division. I'd rather start slow and finish strong.

Hank is right. That cover 2 was covering no one. We can only hope the Jets coaches dont let Vinny cut loose. If they play like they did against the 'Skins, this will be a walkover. And if we play, especially on defense, like we did vs. the Texans, we will make is unnecessarily close. Press coverage has worked here for years. On some plays the Dolphins CB's were giving a ten yard cushion. WTF. We were lucky Carr didn't take advantage. You can run a press cover with a cover 2, many college teams do to make up for lack of personnel. I expect more aggressive defense. The coaches still don't seem to like blitzing. All I can say is, whatever the strategy was on Sunday, IT DIDN'T WORK.

This is probably the scariest news I've heard all week.

Do you honestly beleive that the jets "WON" the division?

Originally posted by JackMeehov
Gotta love the way he phrases it-

"I went out to Dolphin's Camp today and interviewed some of the guys, and they were putting on happy faces and getting ready for the Jets. But consider this about the Dolphins: For the first time in 12 years they lost their first home game. They've been beaten in the month of September after ten straight wins in September. The last team to beat them in September is the Jets. They're going into a place that they haven't won in the last 5 trips. Here's the skinny, the A-material on what's going on at Camp. The sphincter muscles are tightening up. Everybody in that lockeroom from what I understand, including the administrative people, the management, the coaches, all uptight. "

http://www.wqam.com/cgi-bin/navobjs...;recno=181&template=template.htm&id=1

Hank Goldberg is the biggest biased commentator there is out there, right next to Mike Lupica. He is a NY native, so guess who he's pulling for?? Need proof?

Look at the way he words things: "They have happy faces, but consider this..." "The last team to beat them in Sept. was the Jets." "They're going into a place they haven't won in 5 years". "Everybody from the Fins is tightening up." Its like he wants the Fins to lose! That stupid fu***n moron, he's a freakin tool !!

Open your eyes fellow fin fans, I'm tired of these New Yorker biased sports analysts.

sigh, the second someone says something slightly negative about our Dolphins, you'd swear they were the next a kin to Hitler. It's good not to be so sensitive to things, IMO

Hank, loves the fact that the fins started out with a loss. The more the fins loose the easier his job is during the week. Complaining callers fill radio air time.

Lots of people are native NYers on this board. And guess who they root for?? The Phins.

I doubt that Hanks loved watching the Phins lose this past Sunday. Especially when he was talking them up last week from the Stratosphere.

They should be uptight

Everyone on the team is on notice, do you think Mr. H is going to tolerate underachievment? Get the act together or be fired/cut/released from contract depending upon your job with the team (possibly even before the end of the season).

And dolphin players generally don't do that well in FA. Ask Orande, he most likely can found at a local flea market hawking his prison garb.

And yes, Im PO'ed still. :yell: :fire:

Back
Top Bottom