Hampton WR, Diamond in the rough? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hampton WR, Diamond in the rough?

DolfanCole

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I live in Hampton and haven't paid any attention to the University of Hampton athletics. But, I found this article in the local paper.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-02182sy0apr20,0,7460402.story?coll=dp-sports-local

The article is a pretty good read. There were some things that I didn't realize about him ... fastest 40-time, 37.5 vertical.

I have to say that I'll be keeping an eye out for him in the draft. I don't know if the Fins will take a shot at him. But maybe in the later rounds if he's still there.

Have any of you heard of him? What do you think?

chuckcole said:
I live in Hampton and haven't paid any attention to the University of Hampton athletics. But, I found this article in the local paper.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-02182sy0apr20,0,7460402.story?coll=dp-sports-local

The article is a pretty good read. There were some things that I didn't realize about him ... fastest 40-time, 37.5 vertical.

I have to say that I'll be keeping an eye out for him in the draft. I don't know if the Fins will take a shot at him. But maybe in the later rounds if he's still there.

I've seen a couple of people mention him in other posts. I never saw him play but he looks interesting from what I previously read here and what the article said about him.

chuckcole said:

He is scheduled to be a 2nd to 3rd rounder just based on his physical gifts, no way the Phins have a shot at him.

yeah hes looking as a second rounder, and with that speed will be a good deep threat for some team, id like to grab him but i think he'll be gone by the 3rd...

FinzManiac said:
4.26 40...man this guy has got some blazing speed
Yep ... that's incredible. And at the combine no less. I bet whoever drafts this guy will try him at returning kicks. That could be very exciting.

arsenal said:
yeah hes looking as a second rounder, and with that speed will be a good deep threat for some team, id like to grab him but i think he'll be gone by the 3rd...
Yeah. And I think he's moved up charts such that our other needs will force us to go in another direction at a time when he's looking to be drafted.

I spoke about him before...Jerome Mathis...will probably go mid second round

Mid second round? Surtain to KC for the 46th pick and then we nab him in the second? Maybe I am just getting enamored with that speed. He averaged nearly 30 yards a catch though...even if it was against lesser competition...that's still highly impressive.

FinzManiac said:
4.26 40...man this guy has got some blazing speed

as I've noted...that would make him faster than the fastest "split time" by any Olympic runner in history....I say split becyuase they don't run 40s in the Olympics.

That said, he IS the fastest man in the NFL draft this year. Does anyone have his shuttle and cone drill?

zephon said:
as I've noted...that would make him faster than the fastest "split time" by any Olympic runner in history....I say split becyuase they don't run 40s in the Olympics.

That said, he IS the fastest man in the NFL draft this year. Does anyone have his shuttle and cone drill?

Olympic runners have to react to the gun, which takes them like .1 second, in the NFL the time is measured from the time the runners starts running, whenever he is ready, so if you field Mathis in a olympic track his time will be 4.36 not 4.26 + that time was hand measured, for hand measured times you have to add .12 making his 4.26 a 4.48, more than in rule with olympic sprinters.

Back
Top Bottom