Hank G. on QAM ... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hank G. on QAM ...

Golphindolphin

town drunk
Club Member
Reaction score
Said that on the Dave Wannestadt show today he'll talk about how fortunate the 'Phins have been to this point in camp to have had no major injuries. He said Dave will talk about how none of the guys dinged up in camp will miss any games. Hank went on to insinuate that the Herald is making these injuries sound worse than they really are.

Great news! I am glad that these injuries are not as bad as they sound.

To the Herald :down:

I just hope he doesn't jinks us with that kind of talk. Anyhow, are we to believe that Surtain will play tomorrow? I thought I read that he had his knee operated on.

its on right now.. you can check it out live on wqam.com

It's om right now..It's the Dave W. show. The first segment just ended..They have 2 more segments..

I started up a bit late and the internet feed cuts in and out at what seems to be some pretty inappropriate moments but this is what I gather.

Dave just wanted to point out Sedrick Irvin as a guy who is really in the mix at fullback not just Femi.

He seems to have a thing about our linebacker depth, he wants to see how they shake out of who is better there.

At WR he did say that Baker is in a position where they are trying to get him more action because I believe I heard this right, he says he's got a better feeling about Robert Baker than he does JR Tolver.

He wasn't hesitant to talk about Simmons this time...said that Simmons was a kid they drafted for Special Teams, use to be a RB back at Northwestern before he was a WR. Came in and was fumbling the ball around and not looking good, and all the sudden before they went up to Tennessee Sam hadn't dropped a single ball in practice which is hard to do against AIR let alone against guys like Madison and Surtain.

Fiedler, after stretching he threw a few passes and his back knotted up on him. Evaluate tomorrow and if he can play he'll play. He didn't get hit or anything.

Griese started off slow, everyone could see that. He was tossing lots of INTs. But then at Tennessee he really stepped up and he's had great practices since then and made great decisions. Sage has really gotten short-changed in this whole thing but now he gets more time.

1st unit will get close to a quarter of action...15 plays for each unit. Ricky will probably get less than the rest, they want to keep him fresh because he's taken every snap since mini-camps with no rest.

He showed up last year at 235 lbs. Opening day he was 230 lbs. He showed up this year at 228 lbs. He's lighter and faster.

Hank G pointed out depth at QB in Tampa Bay. Good depth, will give 2nd and 3rd stringers good challenge.

Irritating injuries. Everyone needs to work. Good thing about camp to this point we've had 10 or 11 days of real work, and no major injuries. Pat just got his knee cleaned out thats all, no repair work or anything just a simple cleaning out and Burnett will be ready to go by the opener.

Fletcher and Buckley both having a really good camp. Fletcher will start, Buckley will work in slot nickel. Plan is to leave Surtain on the outside....which is a good decision in retrospect with Pat being hurt, because there's not enough time to have him working two positions...he needs to be working on the outside CB position and nailing that down, not switching between two positions

Preseason schedule was by design, away games at Jacksonville and New Orleans (close to home) then the two home games...last year Dave felt we had a wasted week with the whole Tampa then New Orleans sequence with such little practice in between the two games (thanks to ESPN). This way we get as much practice time as possible back here at home getting prepared. No long trips that waste entire days of practice.

I just hope that noone gets banged up from now on to the season begins.

Couple of points. He said he knew what he had in R.Baker but not Tolver. So he wanted to give Tolver more snaps. When they made the trade for Ricky he weight 253 and he came into camp at 245 and brought it down to 230..and he came into camp this year at 228..

I agree with CK Ricky came into camp at 235 last season, this year he is 228 they say he has put on muscle which I find hard to believe cause he was already just pure muscle... but Hell if anyone can do it its Ricky

If he has baker ahead of tolver, that is something i dont want to hear. I like what i see in tolver. tolver is way ahead of anything sam simmons did last year as a rookie. If tolver doesnt make this team and baker does after like 5 seasons of just making it to the 5th reciever at this point, i have huge problems with this!:yell: maybe this is just to push tolver but i dont see why tolver gets set back other than he is a rookie and we dont put alot of stock in our key position rookies. But to cut him and let someone else get him would be a crime.

Thanks for filling us working stiffs in on the Wanny Show highlights, CK.

Back
Top Bottom