Hank Goldberg Says.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hank Goldberg Says....

BigFinFan

The Only Fin Fan in SD
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Hank Goldberg was on "The Mighty 1090" this morning, one of the Morning Sports shows here in San Diego. He is out here for the Santa Anita Horse Race.

Anyway, the host ask him about Griese, and Hank had the following comments:

1. He talked with DW prior to the Pats game and DW basically said that unless Fiedler was injured, BG would not start.

2. He talked about how teams used to put cast on guys, even though they were not hurt too bad, in order to get some other guys playing time.

3. He was certain that BG will get the start in SD on MNF. This will avoid the controversy since JF is "injured"

4. The team has become frustrated with JF ability to put teams / games away early.

5. Not that it matters, but he said that he does not believe the Marlins will get a new stadium either.

This is not verbatim, but you can get the jist from wht I have listed.

GO 'PHINS!

I guess you heard what you heard but I doubt very seriously that the team is going to tell some reporter that they are frustrated with Jay Fiedler not being able to put teams away. I think maybe Hank is spinning a yarn.

Originally posted by fairbanksb
I guess you heard what you heard but I doubt very seriously that the team is going to tell some reporter that they are frustrated with Jay Fiedler not being able to put teams away. I think maybe Hank is spinning a yarn.

Actually it was stated continously in the Miami Herald and the sun that NT and DW are concerned about the lack of offense and success with JF.

Originally posted by fairbanksb
Why do you assume that he had to be told that by the team? Perhaps it's just his own personal observation - and it's not all that far-fetched. I think we're all frustrated with Fiedler in that department.

"I doubt very seriously that the team is going to tell some reporter that they are frustrated with Jay Fiedler not being able to put teams away. I think maybe Hank is spinning a yarn."

i agree, that is just the kind of statement that the media would run with, in order to fan the flames of controversy... even if he is thining it, DW wouldnt say it in all likelyhood. if he did, it would be front page in the Herald.

I have no doubt that it is his own personal observation. As far a was the newspapers print, they are printing the frustrations of all of us as Dolphins fans. I think they should pay more attention to why the coaches don't change up the play calling. When almost every article talks about predictabiliy, you would think that maybe Norv would take a hint.
I am frustrated with the whole offense, and not just Jay. I know how many fans thought tha Chan Gailey stunk but he didn't have RW at running back and Jay threw for over 3000 yds. I would think that maybe Norv would change things up a bit rather than everyone putting the blame on the quarterback.

Would anybody like to debate that the fact that it isn't true?? I don't think so. I'll bet anyone a million dollars that it's true.

Thanks for the report, Biggin'.

Although Hank Goldberg is a complete jackass, and his radio show sucks...

... his reports on things like this are usually fairly accurate. He doesn't just blow **** out of his ***, as large as it is.

I believe NT has made decent playcalls it's the execution that's poor....ex. Giants game. If we can't hit some medium to long passes bye bye run.

I agree with that FinFrenzy. It's one thing to call a play in practice and hit it. The QB and WR know where the ball is going so it's easier to make the completion. NT and DW keep talking about how the team hits plays in practice but doesn't in games. How many times do we have to see a guy not hustling on a play? They are running at one speed, then try to turn it up to catch a ball. Why aren't they running full out the entire time? Troy Brown did it and you see what happened there...

Originally posted by AirVick
Although Hank Goldberg is a complete jackass, and his radio show sucks...

... his reports on things like this are usually fairly accurate. He doesn't just blow **** out of his ***, as large as it is.

Completely agree. Usually if Hank gives you inside info you can take it to the bank

Just letting everyone know what I heard on the radio here in San Diego

The plays are there Jay just isn't hitting em.

Thompson/Chambers both had a wide open TD against the Pats and I can't remember how many points we left in the air against the Jags.

Back
Top Bottom