Hank says GM may still be hired... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hank says GM may still be hired...

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
He says that Marino may be more like repalcing Eddie Jones who wants to retire. But he is certain. Says that Marino may be hired as President and CEO and a GM still hired.

He says no one knows how it's all going to shake out.

Hey guys, Dan is a smart MF who knows the game and knows offense.

I wouldn't sell him short.

You got that right fin!!!....

DANNY!!! DANNY!!! DANNY!!!! DANNY!!!!....

I can hear it now, blasting throughout Pro Player!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Yes, Dan IS NOT going to be the GM. As one caller said (in his opinion), this is simply the next step towards Marino eventually owning the team.

As long as Dan isn't doing the personell legwork....and a GM is named....I'm not against this move. Remember, there is no one who cares more about this franchise than Dan Marino.

Dan is The Man.

Originally posted by Muck
Yes, Dan IS NOT gonig to be the GM. As one caller said (in his opinion), this is simply the next step towards Marino eventually owning the team.

two things:

1. ownership and management are(or should be) unrelated. i'm talking to you, jerry jones and dan snyder

2. can dan afford to buy the dolphins?

I don't know about owning the team, but it's common knowledge he has always wanted to be a pres/CEO.

Hopefully Jones will stay on 1 more year w/ Dan as an assistant and get him some front office exp. Then maybe WH will feel comfortable about letting him take over.

The dolphins have a better chance than they did before.

Bye Bye..........Fiedler

GOOD LUCK TO MY FAVORITE FOOTBALL PLAYER OF ALL TIME!!!

BEST QB OF ALL TIME!!!!

I agree. Lets go Dan!!!!

I think our offense will definitely get better.

Originally posted by fin-atic
He says that Marino may be more like repalcing Eddie Jones who wants to retire. But he is certain. Says that Marino may be hired as President and CEO and a GM still hired.

If you were a GM candidate, would you want to come in on the heels of this announcement?

Granted, it's too early to evaluate before the press conference, but I can't imagine an outside man (someone who isn't named Rick Spielman) wanting in this complicated situation.

And if th front office is planning to hire a GM in the coming days, why in the world don't you hold off on announcing the Marino hiring until then?

This has officially turned into a three-ring circus.

I really think this makes Rick the GM, and Dan will be helped a bunch by both Ron Wolf, and Rick...along with Jones if he stays on in some capacity.

Maybe if someone could put Dan's face in that BraveHeart photo...

After all, he is rejoining the Dolphin's battle.

Why do you think you common people truly know what's involved in the job and how do you know he can't do it?

What makes any of you an expert, or even remotely knowledgeable about NFL football operations?

Please!! Hank makes a good point. He says maybe Dan is hired because after 8 interviews that are out there have not been that impressive. I mean you have Muller who got fired in NO and last I checked they can't even make the playoffs. You have the guy from Seattle, who just made the playoffs for the first time in forever, and got thumped.

Tell me who is out there who put together a championship team?

It's like keeping Dave as Coach. Maybe there just isn't anyone better.

I think when you add it up, Marino and Speilman are a better choice then Wanny/Wanny doing both.

Relax. Give the guy a chance, he has earned it.

Why do you think you common people truly know what's involved in the job and how do you know he can't do it?

What makes any of you an expert, or even remotely knowledgeable about NFL football operations?

I don't have to be an expert to voice an opinion.

Please!! Hank makes a good point. He says maybe Dan is hired because after 8 interviews that are out there have not been that impressive.

Fine. If that is the case, why not do some more interviewing or wait for the individuals they REALLY wanted (The Pats and Eagles player personnel gurus) to finish their playoff run before hiring someone with no experience?

I'm not saying this won't work. But, man ... it's really, REALLY risky.

Back
Top Bottom