Harrington Released by Hawks... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Harrington Released by Hawks...

LibertineOneThree

There's no S in McDaniel.
Club Member
Reaction score
Harrington Released by Falcons...

I see the Falcons have released Joey. I guess it leaves them with pretty much no option but to draft Matt Ryan as I don't think anyone believes Brohm, Flacco, Woodson, Henne are capable of walking in and starting. Surely that means we have their proverbail testicles in the parm of our hand?

Given that they have their hearts set on Ryan (which I think is fair), and their lack of plan B (with no Leftwich or Harrington) they are left with little choice but to trade up, if they believe Ryan may go at one or two... which they'd be foolish to dispute. Even if we trade picks and get an extra pick late or even next year, I think it'd be great business. If Ryan and McFadden or Chris Long go top 2, it leaves us to choose between Jake Long, Gholston, Ellis or possibly Chris Long (who I believe we'll select if we stay put). So we have the same or similar decision without paying #1 money or drafting a BPA that may not be needed and would essentially be a 'waste' in that we'd have to draft an OL with a second pick.

Picking a need with our first would allow us to pick up what I would call a 'luxury' in the second, hopefully either Henne, Bennett, Hardy / Doucet / Sweed / Caldwell. Or even if Talib, Phillips or DRC fall to 32, forcing us to wait until 2b to pick an OL, Carlson or Nelson might be available even later.

Makes so much sense rather than giving up a chance at a starting DB / OL or TE of the future, just so we don't reach or overpay with the first.

No?

I agree with most of what you said other than the fact that he was released by the Falcons.... the Hawks are Atlanta's Basketball team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3278245

"The Falcons re-signed Chris Redman to a two-year deal last week, but the only other quarterbacks on the roster are D.J. Shockley and Michael Vick. Shockley has never played in a regular-season game and Vick is serving a 23-month prison sentence after pleading guilty to federal charges in a dogfighting operation."

This really does make things interesting. Unless they sign a vet in Free Agency, they've got to be going for a QB in the draft. If they really are targeting Ryan, Tuna HAS to sell them on the fact that we're taking him, some other team is interested in moving up to get him, or maybe even go so far as to take him and trade (a-la Eli Manning). Otherwise, they'll sit there at #3 and he'll fall into thier laps. Man I wish they would have gotten #5 in that coin-toss. It would make them trading up a lot more feasible. Crazy how something like a cointoss can change the future of multiple franchises!

I agree with most of what you said other than the fact that he was released by the Falcons.... the Hawks are Atlanta's Basketball team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3278245

"The Falcons re-signed Chris Redman to a two-year deal last week, but the only other quarterbacks on the roster are D.J. Shockley and Michael Vick. Shockley has never played in a regular-season game and Vick is serving a 23-month prison sentence after pleading guilty to federal charges in a dogfighting operation."

This really does make things interesting. Unless they sign a vet in Free Agency, they've got to be going for a QB in the draft. If they really are targeting Ryan, Tuna HAS to sell them on the fact that we're taking him (or maybe even go so far as to take him and trade a-la Eli Manning). Otherwise, they'll sit there at #3 and he'll fall into thier laps. Man I wish they would have gotten #5 in that cointoss. It would make them trading up a lot more feasible. Crazy how something like a cointoss can change the future of multiple franchises!

Haha!! Can you tell I'm English??:lol:

Back
Top Bottom