Harrington Speaks: "I look forward to joining the Miami Dolphins" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Harrington Speaks: "I look forward to joining the Miami Dolphins"

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2414492

Joey Harrington finally decided he wants Miami to be his new home. Now he's asking Lions president Matt Millen to give him the chance to go there.

Harrington, who has been given permission to shop for a trade, told the Lions on Wednesday he wants to go the Dolphins and is firm about the decision. Because he is due a $4 million bonus in June, Harrington has some control over his future because no team wants to pick up his current contract.

"I look forward to joining the Miami Dolphins whenever I am released or a trade is completed," Harrington said Wednesday in a statement issued by his agent, David Dunn. "The Dolphins are an ascending team with great coaching and I can't wait to get started. I certainly appreciate all that the Ford family and Matt Millen did for me.
The Dolphins are offering a sixth-round choice in 2007. The Lions have been asking for a third- or fourth-round choice in this year's draft. Now it's up to Millen to make a concession in his demands or hold up any move until June 15 when Harrington is due the roster bonus.

Let's see what happens.
clear.gif

Millen doesn't mean to be a dumb*** and wait. He should just accept our trade offer and be done with it because he atleast will get a pick in return.

Wow, it must be getting close with a statement like that.

I anticipate a deal any day now.

SWEET!!

Joey is trying to force Matt's hand. I can just picture that old Penn State linebacker turning purple and smashing furniture with rage...:evil:

:dolphins:

He seems pretty confident that he's going to Miami. I would pull the trigger for a 2007 6th round draft pick.

newlownorder said:
He seems pretty confident that he's going to Miami. I would pull the trigger for a 2007 6th round draft pick.
Thing is, Joey has probably the most leverage in this trade. Nobody is going to trade for Joey without re-working the contract, and he is now stating that he won't do that for any other team then Miami. He will be a Dolphin, Millen has to fold to Miami's demands, or they are going to get nothing for him.

hahaha! Joey is totally owning Millen right now.. I dont see how Millen has any options left.. If he doesnt take Miami's offer, he will either have to pay Joey his bonus or release him for nothign.

Nublar7 said:
Thing is, Joey has probably the most leverage in this trade. Nobody is going to trade for Joey without re-working the contract, and he is now stating that he won't do that for any other team then Miami. He will be a Dolphin, Millen has to fold to Miami's demands, or they are going to get nothing for him.

You hit it right on the head Nub. Joey has almost ALL the leverage in this trade because of his contract right now. There is no way Millen is going to be able to swing for a 3rd or 4th round pick when Miami refuses to give that much up and Joey ONLY wants to play for Miami. The Lions should be happy to get anything for him and not be forced to release him.

newlownorder said:
You hit it right on the head Nub. Joey has almost ALL the leverage in this trade because of his contract right now. There is no way Millen is going to be able to swing for a 3rd or 4th round pick when Miami refuses to give that much up and Joey ONLY wants to play for Miami. The Lions should be happy to get anything for him and not be forced to release him.
I am excited. There is almost noway a team like Denver or Cincy(who just signed Wright) can pull off a trade for Harrington. Nobody is going to pay Joey his big contract he has with Detroit, and he refuses to workout a new deal with anyone but the Fins. This trade is all but a done deal. imo, Joey will be a Dolphin by Friday.

this is awsome, but you know what...millen is such a hard head, if he believes this to be his last year there i can see him just paying harringtons roster bonus, that way he isnt made a fool for folding from his demand and in turn making harrington not get what he wants. actually i dont know, im just thinking about possibilities. I will be just as excited with him opening the season for us as culpepper. i want to see what harrington has also.

It should be done soon just because the fins need to finish their draft plans and need to know if they should be looking for a QB in the draft or not. Maybe not done by Friday but I would guess early next week.

yep, if Joey is firm on going to Miami, and it sure sounds he is, than he's coming. and the beauty of his statement of wanting only miami is that millen's ability for trade value just went down the drain. I mean if we are the only trade partner now, in actuality the only reason we are trading any of our picks is to be able to get Joey now and not have to wait until he's cut in June. so basically, since Joey and the dolphins hold all the cards, it's really up to nick to determine what's he willing to give up to get joey into camp early, and since he could just wait and give nothing, i'm thinking a 7th rounder could even be a possibility. the longer millen holds out, the less value he'll be getting as it gets closer to when joey will be cut and go to miami for nothing.

Nublar7 said:
I am excited. There is almost noway a team like Denver or Cincy(who just signed Wright) can pull off a trade for Harrington. Nobody is going to pay Joey his big contract he has with Detroit, and he refuses to workout a new deal with anyone but the Fins. This trade is all but a done deal. imo, Joey will be a Dolphin by Friday.

:hysterikill:

Back
Top Bottom