Has any one looked at other teams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has any one looked at other teams

I heard the Patriots fix one too, since they weren't good till after 9/11, but I don't buy that one. However, I do believe that the Lakers-Kings thing was fixed.

If that was fixed, they had to have gotten everyone in the NFL involved. There is no way an organixation as big as the NFL could have pulled that off without someone talking. Although it is an interesting topic considering the Pats did finish in the bottom half of the NFL in most major categories...

Saw an interesting post from a Raiders fan on another board... he managed to make the "conspiracy theory" sound almost believable... right down to saying the Raiders wouldn't cooperate by letting the Jests win (so a NY team could win the SB), so they "fixed" the game against the Pats to allow them to go...
I think he is a little delusional... maybe watched The Conspiracy Theory too many times....

THE NFL ISN'T WWF!!!!

I really think it is absolutely absurd to say that the PATRIOTS winning the SUPER BOWL was fixed!!! It was simply GREAT coaching!!! I am a Diehard Dolphin fan but you really have to TIP your hat to Bill Belichick and his staff! They simply outcoached everyone in the playoffs and SUPER BOWL! Let's face it!! The Patriots had HEART when it came to CRUNCHTIME! They had great performancesand unselfishness from LAW, BROWN,SMITH, BRADY,BLEDSOE(Steeler game),BRUSCHI,COX,LIGHT,MILLOY etc! Their gameplan against the RAMS was BRILLIANT!! Appearantly people have been watching too much X FILES and WWF!!! In other words!! You are telling me that it is easy to perfectly time a hit and separate the football? Just like the hit SS Antwan Harris put on RICKY PROELE when he put his hat on the ball and jarred it lose!! You CAN'T fake timing like that!! The PATRIOTS simply deserve what they accomplished!! They played TOGETHER and WON a CHAMPIONSHIP fair and square!!

It is fishy though that the "Patriots" took it all, but it is true that such a conspiracy is almost impossible. The entire NFL would have had to have been in on it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to think that OUR team would be involved in such a thing. :mad:

However, on the subject of conspiracy theories... Never pass them off as mindless rambling of a revolutionary, although many times they are. :p Sometimes conspiracy theories spark people's minds, and begin them rethinking the status quo that has been shoved down their throats. Sure most of those theories are baseless, but if they get us asking questions in times where we need to the most (i.e. September 11), we just may find out something "the man" didn't want us to know.

I haven't posted in a while, offseason simply sucks too much. Speculation is not my game, but from best to worst, I'd say Dolphins, Jets, Pats, Bills. I see us definitely winning at least 12 games with a healthy O-line. If Chambers lives up to the expectation, the O-line blocks well for Ricky, we USE our TEs and Konrad, Fiedler playing to win, and the defense kicking ass as usual, then I see no reason we can't win 13 or even 14 games.

People who say the Super Bowl was fixed are people who never watched the game, or else they know next to nothing about the game of football.

No to conspiracy theory! Yes to best coached team in a long time! I hate the Pats, but they honestly have the best coach in all of football. He did everything from perfect FA pick ups, perfect game plans, avoided the biggest QB contraversy ever, to little trick plays that gave coaches hear attacks. I mean look at the 2nd game against Miami. That game was decided because he kicked the ball off to the blockers and not the returner. That play was brilliant(as much as I hated it), and cost Miami the game. With all that he must have shaken hands with the Devil, everything that happend to the Pats they came out smelling like roses. Their QB went down-they find the SB MVP on the bench. Brady may have fumbled-instead Vinitary kicks the most memorable FG in many years. Every gamble they took on the feild and off payed off ten fold, if they were forced to do it all over I doubt they would have been so lucky. Bottom line they were the best team in football last year, no trumped up theory can take any thing away from that.

AFC competition

IMO, here is what to expect from the AFC:

Miami (13-3) - Great D and ST are joined by much improved O.
Pittsburgh (13-3) - Big time D and running game but Kordell holds them back.
Oakland (11-5) - Enough left in the tank for one last run.
Indy (11-5) - If their D is even average, they'll be tough to beat.
Tennessee (10-6) - Great playmakers, but depth is a problem.
New England (9-7) - Not enough mirrors this year to overcome tougher schedule and FA losses.
Cincinnati (9-7) - 11-5 if they had a QB.
Cleveland (9-7) - Couch emmerges as a real talent.
Kansas City (9-7) - Better than people think.
Jets (8-8) - Great running game, but too many new faces on D and lousy passing game.
Denver (8-8) - 4 RBs, but no pass rushers.
San Diego (8-8) - Improved, but still a year or two away.
Buffalo (7-9) - Improved, but still too many holes on D.
Jacksonville (5-11) - A few talented players left, but the roster is thinner than Calista Flockhart.
Baltimore (4-12) - D goes from great to good, O goes from average to bad.
Houston - (3-13) - Some good players, but they've never taken the field together, plus rookie QB.

Back
Top Bottom