Has anyone heard if........... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has anyone heard if...........

phinsphan4ever

Welcome to Miami Daunte!!
Reaction score
Victor Riley, offensive lineman with the Chiefs has signed with anyone as of yet. His price tag is probably quite pricey, and rightfully so.

not signed, butsuspended

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news/ap/20020319/ap-chiefs-riley-suspension.html

Riley, who has visited Cleveland, Denver and Buffalo, told the Kansas City Star: ``I'm just trying to find a job. It's important for me to get what I can in this contract. I think I played pretty well last year before I got injured. Getting injured, that shows that your career can end any time on just one play. So you've got to get a good contract.''

Getting injured, that shows that your career can end any time on just one play. So you've got to get a good contract.''

"That way, you cover your ass in case you get injured again. Screw the team, I'm watching out for number one."

We don't need some one like this, unfortunately there are alot of them out there nowadays.:(

He was here a few weeks ago.......the guys on our site flipped out when they heard about the suspension....That's going to hurt him........We may still grab him.

Originally posted by inFINSible

"That way, you cover your ass in case you get injured again. Screw the team, I'm watching out for number one."

We don't need some one like this, unfortunately there are alot of them out there nowadays.:(

Well.............you can`t really blame him for getting the best contract possibe, particularly if he has a family to support. What`s the average NFL playing span for players, 5 yrs or so?

Teams don`t have any qualms about releasing players after 2 yrs. when they have to shell out the big $$. It`s a business, it aint like the old days. :cry:

Last May in suburban Overland Park, Kan., Riley, then with the Kansas City Chiefs, was accused of ramming his vehicle several times into a vehicle occupied by his wife and infant daughter. Riley was charged in Johnson County District Court with felony counts of aggravated assault and criminal damage to property, and misdemeanor counts of child endangerment and leaving the scene of an accident.

I don't care how good he is - I don't want a guy like that on the team. Having kids myself (one of them an infant daughter), I cannot imagine doing anything like that and in no way can I condone that kind of behavior. Next thing you know, he'll be the next professional athlete on trial for muder. The Dolphins don't need press like that.

...not to mention his selfish attitude pointed out above...

This guy sounds like a complete lunatic...(Should fit right in in Buffalo). He makes me dream for Chris Carter now. Amen Rebar...hit the nail on the head.

Back
Top Bottom