Has anyone thought of this | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has anyone thought of this

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
That Miami may be expressing interest in Brunell then Ramsey then Henson to throw other teams off?

After the Senior Bowl it was widely publicized that Miami wanted Rivers. Then there was a lot of concern that another team would jump up and take him before Miami picks.

Maybe the Fins are creating a diversion away from their real intent which is to draft Rivers. By creating interest in other QBs they are also pulling othe teams in need of QB that direction too.

We may find when the dust settles that someone jumped on Henson before miami could get him, the Redskins already jumped on Brunell before Miami could ge thim, and someone may jump on Ramsey before Miami can get him.

Then Miami drafts Rivers and says "He was the guy we wanted all along"

The exception may be that they would be content to take Henson as well. But he only played 8 games and does not have the four solid years of winning that Rivers has.

Interesting stuff for thought.

:idea:

I pray to everything that is holy that this is true. Rivers is still my #1 choice. But Henson is showing interest in the Dolphins so its not just one sided. Henson may be more factual.

ya...and the next thing we'll hear is...reason why Dan Marino resigned from the VP position was because he's getting ready and training to come to the Fins camp and be our starter!!!

Who knows...its interesting but if Rivers is our target...we have the 20th pick right now...so if any of the 19 teams in front of us want Rivers...they can get him b/c they pick ahead of us...so they really don't worry much about all this publicity out of Miamif or Brunell, Ramsey, Henson...Ricky Ray...

Sal:

The difference is that the addtion of Henson makes the QB talent pool greater. You have to look ahead of us and say "who needs a QB?" Well Washington is now off the list because they have Brunell. See how that works? When a buzz is created about a player everyone follows. As soon as Henson had his workout everyone stopped talking about Rivers.

Like I said maybe there is nothing to it, but sure is interesting. I do know that NFL teams are notorious for playing cat and mouse with each other when it comes to the draft.

fin-atic,

The Dolphins showed a lot of interest in Rivers prior to Henson getting out of his Yankees gig. They showed the interest before Washington jumped into the Brunell sweepstakes, thus making Ramsey's availability a possibility. So, Henson and Ramsey are "new" names in the QB hunt since the Senior Bowl.

However, to your credit, the Phins have gotten very quiet about Rivers. Maybe they are trying to fly under the radar now that free agency is looming. I think one thing that got a little out of control was Marino's passion for landing Rivers. He showed all his cards way too early.

The only real hope we have of landing Rivers at this point is if one of the following happen:
1) Ogun signs with a team that has a pick in front of Pittsburgh at #11 (they love Rivers as much as we do).
2) We can somehow trade with a team that is in front of Pittsburgh at #11.
3) With the glut of potential free agents/trade possibilities, every team in front of us at #20 fills their QB needs prior to the draft. Possible QBs include: Henson, Ramsey, Blake, Garcia, Warner/Bulger. AJ Feely, Volek, Kordell, Griese, Testaverde, Kitna, Maddox/Batch, Brees

I was certain that we were going to get Brunell just last week. And, I'm certain today that we will end up with Henson, Ramsey or Rivers before all is said and done. I think Henson will go back into the draft. His agent is looking for a 10-15 year deal with guaranteed money which I doubt an NFL team will agree to. He wants to recoup the money Henson gave back to the Yankees ($12 million). As far as I'm concerned, it was his decision to give that money back and should not be the Dolphins responsibility or any other teams responsibility to make sure he gets it back in an NFL deal.

Good post - you're thinking outside the box!

Originally posted by fin-atic
Sal:

The difference is that the addtion of Henson makes the QB talent pool greater. You have to look ahead of us and say "who needs a QB?" Well Washington is now off the list because they have Brunell. See how that works? When a buzz is created about a player everyone follows. As soon as Henson had his workout everyone stopped talking about Rivers.

Like I said maybe there is nothing to it, but sure is interesting. I do know that NFL teams are notorious for playing cat and mouse with each other when it comes to the draft.

Yes...true and you know what the funny thing is...like you said...Washington is out of the QB stakes now b/c they got Brunell but I never once thought that the Skins would be in the QB stakes...I thought for sure that Ramsey would be their starter and would have a great future in Washington...wow what a turn!!!

So the teams that "we" consider in the QB stakes...might not be the ones we initially thought of...as Washington is an example!!!

You just never know!!!

San Diego...Miami...Raiders...Buffalo...I guess these are teams i would consider trying to land a QB...but who knows!!!

Add Cleveland in there as well...a team who has two capable starters...and Cleveland my be interested in Henson!!!

I would like to get Ramsey...but I don't know if giving up our 1st rounder this year would be smart???

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
ya...and the next thing we'll hear is...reason why Dan Marino resigned from the VP position was because he's getting ready and training to come to the Fins camp and be our starter!!!

I'm in.. I like that idea so much that I will even pay for Marino's contract..

(Hey Muck, can I barrow enough money from you to pay Marino's contract??)

PhinPhanBill:

Good reply. I think Miami has a good shot. Pittsburgh likes Rivers but does have Maddox who has played well for them. Rivers would be a couple years out for them, so would they invest such a high pick when they have some immedate needs, especially at running back? Maybe, but it's hard to imagine them not going RB or defense, especially at the cornerback position. Not with that high of a pick. I look for Pittsburgh to take either Kevin Jones, RB out of Virginia Tech or Chris Gamble, CB out of Ohio State.

It doesn't matter who we get, the team will say that he's the guy we wanted all along. Evey team always says that. Every time we always say that things worked out the way we wanted right from the start.We got shout out of getting any o-linemen last year but I hope we don't get shout out of getting a QB this year too.

Ozzy rules!!

Hey Sal:

I wonder if Buffalo with Bledsoe is really in it at that high level of a pick?

They need some help omn the defensive line in a bad way. I see Buffalo going Vince Wolfolk, DT Miami or Randy Starks out of Maryland, or even Will Smith DE out of Ohio State.

So that leaves San Diego, Oakland, and Miami looking at Manning, Rothelsberger, Henson, and Rivers.

I like our chances.

You are on the money about Ramsey. I personally would take him for a third rounder next year, and still draft the rookie QB. Especially if I get another 1st rounder for OGun. I go QB and OLine.

Hey Danny,

Do you mean "shut" out?

Of course I did "shout out" a lot at our lineman and QB last year!!

fin-atic,

Pittsburgh could be blowing smoke about Rivers in hopes of getting one of the RBs you mentioned. They could be hoping the Dolphins come calling with a trade offer to get the #11 pick. That's the big issue here. All of the teams try to cover up their real intent. That leaves us fans grasping at air many times.

fin-atic...I agree...maybe Buffalo is really not looking at picking a QB or trading for one...just last year...they drafted Willis McGahee (sp) when they already had a solid RB who signed a new contract...it just show how really unpredictable it is these days in the NFL.

But all this publicity about the Fins getting a qb is great because it shows me that we will get someone very very very soon...and going into the offseason and season we don't have to hear what we heard since Jay Feebler has been here..."Jay is our starter and we are behind him 100%."

It really shows me that...the Fins are serious about upgrading the QB spot and this offeseason...its not the 2nd QB position but the person who was our starter last year.

It looks like they are committed to getting the Fins a better QB!!!

I guarantee Miami does something at QB and OLine. As far as WR goes, this draft is really rich in them. I mean there is a ton of talent there. So much so, that you don't have to spend a high draft pick on one, because the margin of difference between the 10th rated WR and the 20th is not much.

Besides Miami likes their young guys Tolver and Simmons. So we may bring ina FA veteran to help solidify the group.

I just can't wait until Mar 3rd when the action starts. I am ready to see if Speilman has the nuggets to make some moves.

Let the games begin.

Fin ... quite possible. The encouraging news is that there are at least three viable options at quarterback, and we're looking at all three possibilities. Like I've said all along, it's encouraging to see Spielman's commitmnt to make offense a priority. We'll see how it plays out.

Back
Top Bottom