Has Joe Gibbs lost his mind? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has Joe Gibbs lost his mind?

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Let me see if I can figure this out.............Brunnell is a UFA on March 3rd................So the Redskins offer a TRADE before the 3rd..............WHY?..........Just sign him on the 3rd..........They still have to have Brunnell agree on a new contract.......so the competition part of it is false..............Brunnell knows how much miami was going to offer..........

This is absolutely moronic........

If they plan to shop Ramsey.........Then Gibbs should go back into retirement..........Ramsey is going to be a top 5 QB some day and is already a top 10 in my view.......If they do shop Ramsey.....Gibbs is tossing the skins future for a quick short 3 year run at a title.................

This is insane.........it makes no sense...........

Originally posted by Section126
Let me see if I can figure this out.............Brunnell is a UFA on March 3rd................So the Redskins offer a TRADE before the 3rd..............WHY?..........Just sign him on the 3rd..........They still have to have Brunnell agree on a new contract.......so the competition part of it is false..............Brunnell knows how much miami was going to offer..........

This is absolutely moronic........

If they plan to shop Ramsey.........Then Gibbs should go back into retirement..........Ramsey is going to be a top 5 QB some day and is already a top 10 in my view.......If they do shop Ramsey.....Gibbs is tossing the skins future for a quick short 3 year run at a title.................

This is insane.........it makes no sense...........

Brunell is not an FA nec....he is under contract with Jax. Everybody is speculating that Brunel will be released because of a roster bonus due in March and a high salary cap number.

Until JXV releases him he is not an FA.

Brunnell is a UFA on march 3rd.

He is due a massive roster bonus that Jax will not pay no matter what..............so you just wait to March 1st and he will be cut...........he is basically a UFA.

Originally posted by Section126
Brunnell is a UFA on march 3rd.

He is due a massive roster bonus that Jax will not pay no matter what..............so you just wait to March 1st and he will be cut...........he is basically a UFA.

Dude, if JXV decides to pay the 2 million dollars because they may get more for him in a trade afterwards and even save additional cap after June 1 they will keep him.

You can only be called an UFA now for the FA period beginning in March if your contract expired or you are already released. Until he is released he is under contract by JXV. Nobody in JXV has said they will release him. It is speculation at this point. The speculation is fuelled by Brunell talk and agent talk and the media.

Fine...........but i would bet dollars to donuts that if left alone..........he would be cut...............

I wouldn't be surprised if Rod Gardner is being traded and not a draft pick.

Brunell could always agree to delay the roster bonus payout until later, then the team trading for him would have to pay it. He agreed to a delayed payment last year that was due March 1, and the Jags didn't pay it until April.

Originally posted by relive1972
Brunell could always agree to delay the roster bonus payout until later, then the team trading for him would have to pay it. He agreed to a delayed payment last year that was due March 1, and the Jags didn't pay it until April.

another reason i dont want brunell. i mentioned before that i dont want to spend money on guys who wont be here a couple of years from now. I want the rook and i want someone like mike mcmahon who nobody knows about.

It actually does make sense since other than Ramsey, they have nobody that is close to being a quality NFL qb. Ramsey is young, but the problem is that they had that Mickey Mouse offense in Washington under Spurrier. To be sure that Ramsey understands and learns how to be a successful NFL qb, bringing Brunell in should only help him in the long run. If the Redskins do bring in Brunell (and I hope not), I can see a Ramsey-Brunell competition for the starting job next season. Competition only makes you better. Now should they get rid of Ramsey, that is moronic.

Originally posted by Stamos
I couldn't be happier, oh wait, I would be if WE HAD RAMSEY.

Why is everyone all hyped up about Ramsey...?

Seriously, maybe I've missed something but the kid has yet to impress me.

Sure he shows some potential, and he's a tough kid, but is he capable of winning it all next season - that is the question we should all be asking ourselves, we're not in a rebuilding mode,.......yet

Brunell already said, he is not going to any team whwre there might be a qb controversy. Ramsey and Brunell on same team. That's a qb contoversy, ain't gonna happen. One of the 2 is gonna happen. Either Brunell doesn't go there or Ramsey gets traded. No doubt about it.

Back
Top Bottom