Has There Ever Been A College Rivalry That Carries Over To The NFL? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has There Ever Been A College Rivalry That Carries Over To The NFL?

Agent51

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This discussion came up earlier with a friend, and I couldn't think of any off the top of my head. Does anyone know if there has ever been a college rivalry that transfers to the NFL? For example, a DB and WR that had a great matchup everytime they met, be it back and forth in that game, or one gets the other in one meeting and the next time it's the other way around, and it carries on for 3 or 4 years of college ball? Maybe even a DE and OT or DT and OG/C? I'm assuming there has to be at least one, but I'm drawing a blank.

The Chris Houston/Dwayne Jarret tape spurred the convo. We thought it would be cool if they go to teams in the same division so they can match up twice a year, but as far as I know that was just one game, he didn't shut him down for 3 years. There has GOT to be a good battle between 2 players that spanned their college careers and carried over into the NFL though, there are just too many teams and players for there NOT to be.

*EDIT* Sorry mods, I forgot I was still in the draft forum and this isn't really draft related.

Back
Top Bottom