Hats Off to Rick Spielman | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hats Off to Rick Spielman

Anyone else notice that we didnt address the D-Line at all? I was sure we would be looking at DT's and DE's early and often. I guess with Ogun seeminlgy staying in Miami now, DE becmoes less of a need. Still, But I thought we would draft a replacement for Timbo, who is nearing the end of his career.

Thoughts?

Great draft....looks like we got some nice value picks, and dang near all our guys should contribute to this team. I'm firmly on the Rick Spiellman bandwagon now, lol.

I dunno,

I kinda disagree.

We got Donald Lee the best blocking TE in last years draft.
JR Tolver a recevier that put up stupid numbers
Tim Provost and Davern Williams

Lee and Tolver are guys that are still around. Two picks today i love - Poole and Pape.

I believe that in a seven round draft you should come out with three players and the rest is luck. ie get good players in 1st, 2nd and 3rd and leave the 3nd day to chance.

IMO, we got 3 players that can contribute either as a great starter (carey) or quality packups with potential to start (Poole and pape).

Great job Rick, and thanks Boomer for all the effort you've put in to the draft.

Well,

If the Pats wanted Carey, he must be good. ;)

If I have hear about how great the Pats' front office is anymore I will have to puke. And that would be a shame since I had such a nice lunch.

We will just have to wait till they put the pads on, I look forward to all the camp reports by members of this site . Thats when we will know what we have. Now RS lets get some sleeper FA who missed the draft and the day is complete.

I liked the draft, overall, especially stealing Will Poole like that. The only thing I didn't like was taking Bua instead of PK Sam. I think we're going to regret that move bigtime.

Surferosa said:
Anyone else notice that we didnt address the D-Line at all? I was sure we would be looking at DT's and DE's early and often. I guess with Ogun seeminlgy staying in Miami now, DE becmoes less of a need. Still, But I thought we would draft a replacement for Timbo, who is nearing the end of his career.

Thoughts?

Bowens signed a new 4 year contract so he's here for 2 years roughly. I feel we will draft a DT next year to groom for his eventual retirement.

not trying to bust out the negativity again, but it seems like everyone is "a great selection, a steal, at worst a backup".... etc, etc....

can we be real? is a guy picked in the bottom of the 7th REALLY going to be that impact player?

do you honestly think that the guys picked in rounds 6 & 7 will even be offered contracts? I would like to be optimistic, and i think we did great on our first round pick, but i don't see the shining stars that everyone else here is seeing with the bottom of the draft picks...

-tex

Bowens signed a new 4 year contract so he's here for 2 years roughly. I feel we will draft a DT next year to groom for his eventual retirement.

I say sign Tommy Kelly now and start grooming him

In 2002, the 49ers drafted Eric Heitmann in the 7th round. He started 12 games that year and remains the starter at LG.

Just because a guy is drafted late doesn't mean he can't contribute. We're not talking about superstars here. We're talking about solid guys who can contribute and offer depth. Because truth be told, we're pretty much set at almost every single position.

And you can bet your azz they'll be offered contracts. They always are. They're just base bottom deals.

I love our draft. I'd have never thought that we could get Pope, Poole and Pape all on day 2. Amazing and Carey'll be a good player for us too. I also like Bua. Great draft and I can't be happier.

Ozzy rules!!

I will join the "thanks Boomer bandwagon," great job in analyzing the draft in general and great job on the evaluation on our teams draft...

Thanks RS, IMHO you have filled in our needs in all areas of concern, lets hope that when they put on the pads, they earn their pay...

Back
Top Bottom