Hats Off to the Defense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hats Off to the Defense

ccdolfan

Rookie
Reaction score
I don't think enough is being said about the job the Defense did yesterday.

1) On the field for 40:40 and didn't look anywhere near as gassed as the Bill's Offense.
2) DBs (Particularly X) held Diggs to 7 catches for 74 yards and no TDs. He was pretty much taken away and not much of a factor.
3) Pressured Allen all day with 4 sacks and a bunch of pressures. Allen played well but had his worst game of the season. His 400 yards were inefficient and the pressure got to him a bit leading to mistakes.
4) The D had more opportunities for INTs / Pick 6s and didn't capitalize (a negative, but the plays were there)
5) Held the Bills to 17 points on Offense their lowest of the season by far.

Excellent overall performance by the Defense. I cannot wait until Byron comes back, as that will solidify the backend even more. What is so encouraging is that this team is still learning and improving and there is definitely plenty of meat left on the bone for both sides of the ball. Phins up!

Xavien‘s ball hawk skills have been tested the first three weeks and he’s responded. He’ll find a way to correct the drops on those missed interceptions. Looking forward to see him and the rest of the Phins secondary against the Bengals talented WR trio.

Attachments​

• 37FA913D-9017-41B8-9E4F-82561A10ECE6.jpeg
    37FA913D-9017-41B8-9E4F-82561A10ECE6.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 0

I don't think enough is being said about the job the Defense did yesterday.

1) On the field for 40:40 and didn't look anywhere near as gassed as the Bill's Offense.
2) DBs (Particularly X) held Diggs to 7 catches for 74 yards and no TDs. He was pretty much taken away and not much of a factor.
3) Pressured Allen all day with 4 sacks and a bunch of pressures. Allen played well but had his worst game of the season. His 400 yards were inefficient and the pressure got to him a bit leading to mistakes.
4) The D had more opportunities for INTs / Pick 6s and didn't capitalize (a negative, but the plays were there)
5) Held the Bills to 17 points on Offense their lowest of the season by far.

Excellent overall performance by the Defense. I cannot wait until Byron comes back, as that will solidify the backend even more. What is so encouraging is that this team is still learning and improving and there is definitely plenty of meat left on the bone for both sides of the ball. Phins up!
Depends on how you look at it. Amazing they were on the field for 90 plays but they were on the field for 90 plays cause they couldn’t get off the field.......they did enough to help us win for sure. There were just so many times when they ALMOST made the play but didn’t .......almost tackle for a loss that'd end up with a nice gain....almost sack and almost 3 or 4 INT's........having said that, Buffalo has a very good offense so I can’t expect everything to be perfect either.

The best thing our defense has done this year is played well in the 4th quarter

Back
Top Bottom