Have 2 players from the same team........... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have 2 players from the same team...........

Agent51

Practice Squad
Reaction score
ever been drafted 1 and 2 overall in the draft? Depending on how season ends and who picks 1st and 2nd this year, and if reggie bush comes out, I can see the 1st 2 picks being Bush and Leinart (or vice-versa), has that ever happened before, two players from the same team going #1 and #2 overall?

1967 Michigan State:

Bubba Smith, de
Clint Jones, rb

kastofsna120 said:
actually they went #1 and #2. courtney brown and lavar arrington in 2000

Yep that and the one Byroan mentioned and 1 more..1984 from Nebraska Irving Fryar and Dean something..I can't remember hisl ast name.

Looking at it the other way, only once has an NFL had both the #1 & #2 picks. The Colts in 1992 took Steve Emtman & Quentin Coryatt. We also had two first round picks #7 Troy Vincent & #12 Marco Coleman. I do believe our two turned out better.

SMadison29 said:
Looking at it the other way, only once has an NFL had both the #1 & #2 picks. The Colts in 1992 took Steve Emtman & Quentin Coryatt. We also had two first round picks #7 Troy Vincent & #12 Marco Coleman. I do believe our two turned out better.

Well then I guess NEVER has one NFL team had the #1 and 2 overall picks AND taken 2 players from the same team. I wonder if that would EVER happen. There's a good shot this year if Bush came out, just based on the talent, Bush and Leinart are touted as #1 and 2 overall talents and both from USC. As far as a team being in position to take them, I don't see it happening. I can't picture a team that would need a RB AND a QB AND have what it takes to get to the #1 and 2 overall spots.

NorthFloridaFin said:
What year was it that Kevin Hardy and Simeon Rice were drafted? Weren't they both drafted pretty high?

Ah, the dynamic LB duo from Illinois. I forgot all about them. They went 2 & 3.

Back
Top Bottom