Have anyone noticed Zach is bigger | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have anyone noticed Zach is bigger

Has anyone noticed ZACH hasn't put on pads yet, only then will he get "Bigger"

just read this from the miami herald, im just glad to see he is working out to help prevent an injury, read on................

Thomas tries new workout strategy

spacer-1.gif

[size=-1]BY JASON COLE[/size]
spacer-1.gif

[size=-1]jcole@herald.com[/size]
spacer-1.gif

Linebacker Zach Thomas said he has changed his workout regimen this offseason in hopes of prolonging his career and avoiding the injuries that have plagued him in the past.

''I'm not doing the body-building lifting as much,'' said Thomas, who has worked independently and with Dolphins trainers this offseason to devise a suitable program. ``I'm doing more of a track workout, and I'm doing more core-strength work -- from abs to hips to everything.

``It's not the curls all the time and the [triceps], where it looks good. But looks can cheat you, especially on the field. It has nothing to do with how much you bench on the field. It's all that core strength, your speed and how you move. That's all I've been working on.''

Thomas, 31 and entering his 10th season, missed three starts and the better part of four games overall because of a hamstring injury last season. He has missed at least one game in four of the past five seasons.

His new regimen is similar to what teammate Junior Seau has been doing for years. Seau is returning for his 16th season.

''I'm finally doing the Junior workout,'' Thomas said. ``That's why he's played for so long. That made me change my workout. We'll see if it works. It's easy to talk. If you get hurt before the first game, it doesn't mean anything. I'm just trying something different. Hopefully it works out. The whole body-building thing wasn't working for me.''

Back
Top Bottom